Classes in St. Louis

  • Greg Beckemeier
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 29, 2005
      Is anyone aware of any Letterpress courses in St. Louis? I'm going to
      start printing my longer runs with a Kluge 12 x 18 and Dick Neihaus in
      St. Louis has been kind enough to take me under his wing, but I don't
      want to scmoooz too much off him...

      Greg

      Greg Beckemeier
      Bullseye Boxes LLC
      636-410-0188
      greg@...
      http://www.bullseyebox.com

      ---
      [E-mail scanned for viruses]
    • Paul W Romaine
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 29, 2005
        --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, "Greg Beckemeier" <greg@b...> wrote:
        >Is anyone aware of any Letterpress courses in St. Louis? I'm going to
        >start printing my longer runs with a Kluge 12 x 18 and Dick Neihaus in
        >St. Louis has been kind enough to take me under his wing, but I don't
        >want to scmoooz too much off him...

        Greg,

        I don't know of classes, but I know people: Kay Kramer in Kirkwood is
        helpful (he's in New York this weekend for "Book Week"), and you might
        want to get in touch with him and John Hoover at the Mercantile
        Library at Washington University (also in New York). If you're
        interested in printing, then you're probably interested in books, and
        that might make you a candidate for the Bixby Club.

        FYI, the Fellowship of American Bibliophilic Societies (FABS)
        www.fabsbooks.org will have its annual meeting and book tour in St
        Louis this May.

        Oh, and as a New Yorker, let me just note that it's "schmooze" (as in
        "schmooze with" [an individual, who is chatting] or "schmooze" [as a
        general activity, with no object to the verb] but if you mean it ONLY
        in the sense of taking advantage of another person's generosity, then
        it's "mooch." ;-)

        All best,
        Paul "M." Romaine
      • Greg Beckemeier
        Message 3 of 4 , May 2, 2005
          Paul, thanks for the leads! I'm following up on them today. I'm grateful
          for the opportunity to Schmooze with you. =)

          Greg Beckemeier
          Bullseye Boxes LLC
          636-410-0188
          greg@...
          http://www.bullseyebox.com
          >Is anyone aware of any Letterpress courses in St. Louis? I'm going to
          >start printing my longer runs with a Kluge 12 x 18 and Dick Neihaus in
          >St. Louis has been kind enough to take me under his wing, but I don't
          >want to scmoooz too much off him...

          Greg,

          I don't know of classes, but I know people: Kay Kramer in Kirkwood is
          helpful (he's in New York this weekend for "Book Week"), and you might
          want to get in touch with him and John Hoover at the Mercantile
          Library at Washington University (also in New York). If you're
          interested in printing, then you're probably interested in books, and
          that might make you a candidate for the Bixby Club.

          FYI, the Fellowship of American Bibliophilic Societies (FABS)
          www.fabsbooks.org will have its annual meeting and book tour in St
          Louis this May.

          Oh, and as a New Yorker, let me just note that it's "schmooze" (as in
          "schmooze with" [an individual, who is chatting] or "schmooze" [as a
          general activity, with no object to the verb] but if you mean it ONLY
          in the sense of taking advantage of another person's generosity, then
          it's "mooch." ;-)

          All best,
          Paul "M." Romaine

          _____

          Yahoo! Groups Links

          --- [E-mail scanned for viruses]

        • Morgen Cheshire
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 19, 2005
            Any one know of a napkin supplier who sells paper napkins in shades of
            brown?

            Morgen