hot metal shop 4 sale; time is tight

  • iranewlander
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 24, 2005
      Please forgive this if you have seen it more than once ...

      Dear List -
      Over the last day or two I have been in e-mail contact with a
      retired gentleman whose health is not good. If you are serious, you
      may contact him: 207-353-8408.
      His first choice would be to sell everything to one person able to
      write a check and move things out in a very, very few weeks.
      Depending on his health on particular days and other circumstances,
      he may be able to entertain SERIOUS offers for less than the complete
      lot.
      If there are dealers interested -- Don and others -- he knows that
      is a chance you may be calling. Please do. I have told him that I
      have NO FINANCIAL INTEREST in this. I have expressed interest in
      purchasing a few items, but geography and cash prevent too much going
      from Maine to me here in California. If a single buyer takes the
      whole lot, I'm fine with not buying any of this. His most recent e-
      mail to me is pasted hereinbelow.
      For the right person, this could be one heck of an opportunity.
      If you're interested or can put a group together, act quickly. There
      was reference to this on Briar Press classified, but I believe the
      need to act quickly may have been inadequately expressed.
      Please, if you call, be respectful and patient.
      Ira.

      Inventory may be slightly different at this point. Still mostly
      intact other than Hand Set Type. Drill Press &Band Saw are gone.

      ==============================

      After 43 Years we're hanging up our shingle of a True Antique Offset,
      Letterpress

      and A Full Service Rubber Stamp Shop

      with full Hot &*Cold Metal Typesetting.

      *Cold metal has now been disbursed

      ==============================

      If you have an interest in the entire operation for relocation, we
      are open to a reasonable offer and may be viewed by appointment at
      207-353-8408 or by E-Mail.

      lsebstamps@adelphia .net (Louis E. Berube)

      All equipment is on ground level with easy access via overhead door.

      Workshop Printing &Mfg., Co.

      LsEB Stamp Co.

      Louis E. Berube – Pearl I. Berube

      Established 1962 * 207-353-….

      General Equipment Inventory – December 31, 2004

      OFFSET DEPARTMENT:

      Chief l7 Offsett Press Oct. 20,
      1970 4739.81

      Press Spray Unit Jan. 24,
      1974 89.50

      Goodkin Model A. Camera May 23,
      1964

      Nu-Ark Plate Vacuum Frame/Pump May 23,
      1964 864.00

      Camera Clock Timer Dec.
      1976 20.00

      Coolight Light Table May 4,
      1964 52.00

      Stripprinter w/10 Roll Fonts Jun. 24,
      1965 342.16 6107.47

      LETTERPRESS DEPARTMENT:

      C&P Letterpress w/ Kluge Feeder Jul. 1,
      1965 674.00

      C&P Hand Feed Letterpress Jan. 1962
      * 400.00

      Numbering Machines: 1 National May
      1963 22.35

      2 American Jan.
      1962 20.00

      2 Bi-Matic Oct.
      1965 67.50

      2 Bi-Matic Jun.
      1966 66.56

      2 Bi-Matic Apr. 3.
      1979 116.35

      Quoins Jul. 12,
      1963 9.80

      4 Galley Cabinets – 1 Imposing Stone 400.00

      2 Fonts 48 &60 Pt. Out Goth Med Jan 17,
      1979 98.10

      Prx. 70 Type Cases w/Hand Set Type Ass't 1750.00

      2 Cabinets Jul. 24,
      1965 226.10

      1 – 100 Galley Cabinet Oct. 31,
      1970 35.00

      Embossing Machine Jul.
      1963 14.90 3900.66

      BINDRY DEPARTMENT:

      C&P Power Paper Cutter Aug. 28,
      1965 676.00

      Bostitch Electric Stapler Mar. 15,
      1968 54.50

      Swingline Saddle Stapler Dec. 31,
      1964 16.38

      Fastfold 11" x 17" Folder Aug. 15,
      1979 175.00

      Bostitch #5 Heavy Duty Stitcher Dec. 29, 1973
      450.00

      MGD 8 Station Coolator Oct. 18,
      1972 359.00

      Round Cornering Maching Press 1963 25.00

      Rollem Perforator Nov 22,
      1978 300.00

      Paper Dispenser Jan.
      1962 15.00 2237.49

      TYPESETTING:

      Ludlow Typecasting (Model M) Sep. 26,
      1979 600.00

      Ludlow Typecasting (Model L) Apr. 10,
      1972 3200.00

      Ludlow Typecasting (Model L) Oct. 20, 1970
      * 1200.00

      Ludlow Cabinet LH &Fonts Jun. 25, 1981
      500.00

      Ludlow Cabinet LH Sep. 26,
      1979 90.00

      Ludlow Cabinet RH Sep. 26,
      1979 125.00

      Ludlow Cabinet RH Oct. 20,
      1970 600.00

      BRASS LUDLOW MATS:

      70 Complete
      Sets 7000.00

      3 Inclomplete
      Sets 30.00

      4 Pkg.
      Sorts
      40.00

      Ludlow Mats (Sorts) Jan. 30, 1971
      147.90

      Ludlow Mats &Spacing Jan 21,
      1980 129.20

      ** 7 Fonts Nov 18, 1970 500.00

      ** 7 Fonts Nov. 6, 1978 435.00

      ** 2 Fonts Dec. 2, 1979 420.00

      **10 Fonts Sep. 17, 1979 400.00

      1 Self-Centering Ludlow Stick Sept 24,
      1979 125.00

      1 Self-Centering Ludlow Stick Sep.
      2001 300.00

      10 General Ludlow Sticks Asst'd
      500.00

      20 Misc. Ludlow Sticks Asst'd
      500.00

      Misc. Ludlow Parts Aug. 5,
      1977 92.60

      40 Drawer Hamilton Metal Type Cab.
      800.00

      20 Drawer Wood Type
      Cabinet 400.00

      1 Large Drawer Wood Type Cabinet (Prx 6-8
      fonts) 300.00

      Over 2000# Lead Metal Prx .30 #
      600.00 17279.70

      All Type Cabinets include Metal Lead Type

      RUBBER STAMP MANUFACTURING:

      Faymus Pre-Ink Stamp Unit Aug. 6, 1968
      2343.89

      Mark III Rubber Stamp Machine Jul.
      1965 400.55

      Polymer Stamp
      Unit
      4000.00

      2 Warner Volcunizers Jan. 19,
      1962 88.50

      Trays &Chases Jan.
      1962 37.50

      Rubber Stamp
      Press ?
      25.00

      Cutting Dies Mar. 1,
      1978 38.50

      Casting Dies Mar. 8,
      1978 300.00

      ART STAMPS
      w/Cabinets 7030.00

      STOCK BUSINESS STAMPS
      2000.00

      96850

      Plus Many Odds &Ends too numerous to mention….

      OFFICE:

      1 Metal Desk (3 drawer)
      May. 1978 94.44

      1 Wood Desk (6 drawer) July
      1965 10.00

      3 4 Drawer Metal File Cabinets
      Asst'd 108.70

      1 Olympia Electronic Compact Typewriter Apr. 2,
      1986 403.00

      1 Royal Manual Typewriter May
      1958 169.50

      1 Royal
      Typewriter ?
      20.00

      1 Pay Master Checkwriter August
      1966 139.88

      Card Files
      1957 50.14

      P&B Postage Scale Dec.
      1957 29.50 1025.16

      MISCELLANEOUS:

      2 Fire Extinguishers (Wall Mount) Sep. 8,
      1977 88.46

      Justrite Fire Safety Can
      1970's 25.00

      Dehumidifier Jun.
      17, 1978 142.92

      Electrolux Vacuum Oct.
      2, 1985 536.50 792.88

      Grand total Aprx. Value …………. 49,001.12 At Purchased Cost

      * Replacement Parts Only

      **Total included with Estimated 70 complete sets @ 7,000.00