RE: [PPLetterpress] Digest Number 945

  • John Henry
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 21, 2005
      Shelly Monte <thebookcenter@...> wrote:
      "that the reason for this is: the wood that runs in
      the posture of receiving the blade is very soft wood. I would guess it
      is
      redwood by the looks of it."

      The cutting stick certainly should not be redwood or any soft wood. They
      generally were a hard maple which serves well, but doesn't dent as
      easily as a soft wood. Now most paper cutters are built to use a thin
      plastic strip which can be easily removed and replaced.

      If there is a dent in the stick, it is time to replace it. I generally
      make my own sticks, but most printing supply houses and some paper
      companies can provide one to suit your cutter.

      John Henry
      Cedar Creek Press