Re: Solvent

  • Daniel Petrzelka
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 11, 2005
      You should try some Selig, Citrus Multipurpose Cleaner.
      http://www.seligcommercial.com/pages/citrus.html

      Use is straight from the bottle; It works wonders, even removes old dry ink. You
      might want to check the spec sheets to verify that it is as non-toxic as you want.
      Only $8-$12 a gallon depending on where you get it.

      They use it at the university on the Vandercooks-- and have had no problems with
      leftover residues or roller damage. Smells fresh too!

      (I have tried several other citrus cleaners and nothing works as well as this stuff--
      second only to real roller wash)

      Daniel Petrzelka
    • Shelly Monte
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 13, 2005
        Hi Kim, sorry about the delay to respond. I had an exhibit for National
        Library Week on letterpress printing, been busy. I have not noticed any
        halo nor can I find much difference in the finish after using mineral
        spirits vs. Soysolv. I have a feeling that it may be a bit oilier, but not
        significantly. I just finished several days of printing, cleaning between
        colors and had remarkable results with the job on my composition rollers. I
        can¹t talk to you about rubber rollers, I don¹t use them. Hope this helps
        some.
        Best of luck,
        Shelly