Re: [PPLetterpress] Re: Galley rack & trays available for $50

  • Gene Pawlowski
    Message 1 of 34 , Apr 1, 2005
      Crispin Elsted,
      Please send your Glossary of Printer's Terms. Thank
      you.
      Gene Pawlowski

      --- Crispin Elsted <barbarian_press@...> wrote:

      ---------------------------------
      Further to all this -- and because I believe firmly in
      correct terminology, on the Orwellian grounds that
      sloppy language leads to sloppy thinking -- I have a
      Glossary of Printer's Terms which I compiled myself,
      and I would be more than happy to send it as a Word
      file to anyone who wants it. Just ask!

      Cheers to all,

      Crispin Elsted
      Barbarian Press
      Barbarian_Press@...
      Website: www.barbarianpress.com
      Message 34 of 34 , Apr 6, 2005
        I don't pretend to be computer literate and am not cognizant of all the
        phraseology of the computer world, but this discussion was about people who are
        working in letterpress not using commonly understood traditional letterpress
        terms. Should I ever venture into a computer discussion group, I would expect to
        either know the language or to learn it pretty damn fast. I encountered the case
        terms in the process of installing an Intuit product last night, and the little
        box thing (I know, dialog box) did not have a technical description of what the
        people who inhabit the halls and closets of Intuit call all the bits and pieces
        of their product.

        Fritz