Seeking bids

  • Don Drake
    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 5, 2005
      Greetings printers,

      I am seeking prices for letterpress work for the components of my
      current limited edition. This will be the first of 3 similar projects
      that will be produced during the next 2 years.

      Part 1
      Quantity: 65
      Paper: #100 Mohawk Superfine Cover, White
      Ink: Light neutral Pantone, exact number to be determined. Possibly in
      the warm grey range.
      There will be four 9x13" sheets (finished size) to be printed front and
      back. These sheets will later be folded to folios of 9x6.5" pages. The
      printing on these sheets is minimal, consisting of the page number at
      the bottom of each page. Deep impressions will not be desirable since
      these are printed both sides.

      Part 2
      Quantity: 65
      Paper: 280 gsm Rives BFK, Off White
      Ink: Same as part 1
      This will be a 4.5x6.625" panel (finished size) more or less filled
      with text.

      Part 3
      Quantity: 115
      Paper: 280 gsm Rives BFK, Off White
      Ink: Same as part 1
      This will be a 4.5x6.625" panel (finished size) more or less filled
      with text.

      Part 4
      Quantity: 65
      Paper: 280 gsm Rives BFK, Off White
      Ink: Same as part 1
      This will be a 9x13.25" sheet (finished size) to be printed 1 side.
      This sheet will be folded down to two 9x6.5 panels with a .25" spine.
      The content will be the title page information.

      I will provide the paper as parent sheets or cut as you require. The
      page content will be sent as digital pages, either EPS files with fonts
      converted to outlines or PDFs with fonts embedded. Gang the work as you
      see fit, I will do the cutting later. Eventually all the pages will
      need to be scored for folding. If you want to bid this also, feel free.
      I may do the scoring myself.

      I would prefer itemized quotes so I can ball park things if specs
      change for some reason. Let me know how long your quote is good for and
      what kind of turn-around time I can expect. I need pricing by start of
      day Friday, March 11. I will have a scheduling/strategy meeting on
      March 11.

      Call, email or IM for further details,
      Don Drake
      Dreaming Mind