Re: [PPLetterpress] Pricing

  • Roderick
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 5, 2005
      Hi Shelly,

      Pricing is very fickle. I agree with Daniel. Don't undervalue
      yourself. Here are a few resources that I found last year, just
      follow the links. makeready.org/index.php?id=6 .

      Best, Roderick

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • kevinmcox04
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 18 11:00 AM
        Shelly, a great resource I've found is a book titled The Business Side Of Creativity by
        Cameron S. Foote. It goes into great detail on establishing a pricing structure that is
        relevant to an individuals business. Like others have stated, there are no set pricing
        structures, it's all relevant to each businesses circumstances. And I will reiterate what
        others have said, don't undervalue your work! This is happening in the graphic design field
        where "designers" are offering their services dirt-cheap on sites like ebay and elance and
        now a lot of business owners are expecting good design services at severely cut-rates. It
        seems everyone wants a logo for $250 and they expect it to be done in 5 working days
        with unlimited revisions. It's very difficult to get beyond this mindset once it's established.
        This is one of the reasons I'm moving from commercial graphic design to designing and
        producing my own line of products.

        Be sure to check out the book I mentioned, it has a lot of good information.
        Kevin.