Re: Paper

  • Kim Vanderheiden
    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 3, 2005
      I also highly recommend Stephen Kinsella Paper in St. Louis. I've been
      working with them for years, and even now that I am working at a high
      enough volume to make certain purchases from Legion, Kinsella still
      gets a lot of my business because I'm not required to buy full
      packages, and minimum order is something like $35. You can get their
      phone number and download their price list on line.
      www.kinsellaartpapers.com/home.htm

      Kim Vanderheiden
      The Painted Tongue Press
      Oakland, CA

      > Message: 4
      > Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2005 13:05:57 +0000
      > From: Mark Bauder <sonomaprinters@...>
      > Subject: Paper
      >
      > Hi,
      >
      > Does anyone know of a source for Somerset Velvet 300gm 22" x 30" Soft
      > White
      > stock besides Legion Paper. Thanks in advance.
      >
      > Mark Bauder
      > Sonoma Printers
      > Vallejo, California
      > 707/644-4186
      >

      > Message: 7
      > Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2005 16:15:30 -0700
      > From: "Susan MAKOV" <smakov@...>
      > Subject: Re: Paper
      >
      > . . . I have used Kinsella papers, which for the
      > papers I wish to purchase, is as good as I could find.
      >
      > If anyone else has a solution, I would love to know what you found out.
      >
      > Susan Makov, Weber State University
      >

      > Message: 8
      > Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2005 18:52:14 -0500
      > From: Katie Harper <knharper@...>
      > Subject: Re: Paper
      >
      > Try Stephen Kinsella Papers in St. Louis. They have been my sole
      > supplier of
      > this paper for years. Large catalog; Great prices and service.
      >
      > Katie Harper
      > Ars Brevis Press
      > Beverly, MA

    • Robert McGonigle
      Message 2 of 12 , Mar 4, 2005
        Hello:

        Legion is part of Gould Paper based in New York.
        Legion represents Canson and other foreign mills here
        in the states.

        Bob

        --- Susan MAKOV <smakov@...> wrote:
        > From what I understand, because I had tried to get
        > the best price for
        > these papers, Legion is a subsiary of Canson USA,
        > which is the importer
        > for this paper from France. I was told that I would
        > have to purchase
        > about $30,000 worth of paper per year to get a
        > discount beyond what
        > several retailers sell their paper at. Wholesalers
        > do not want to
        > compete with their retailers. I have used Kinsella
        > papers, which for the
        > papers I wish to purchase, is as good as I could
        > find.
        >
        > If anyone else has a solution, I would love to know
        > what you found out.
        >
        > Susan Makov, Weber State University

        Bob McGonigle
        18 George Street
        Milford, CT 06460
        203-876-7615
        bobmcgonigle@...

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Don Drake
        Message 3 of 12 , Mar 5, 2005
          Greetings printers,

          I am seeking prices for letterpress work for the components of my
          current limited edition. This will be the first of 3 similar projects
          that will be produced during the next 2 years.

          Part 1
          Quantity: 65
          Paper: #100 Mohawk Superfine Cover, White
          Ink: Light neutral Pantone, exact number to be determined. Possibly in
          the warm grey range.
          There will be four 9x13" sheets (finished size) to be printed front and
          back. These sheets will later be folded to folios of 9x6.5" pages. The
          printing on these sheets is minimal, consisting of the page number at
          the bottom of each page. Deep impressions will not be desirable since
          these are printed both sides.

          Part 2
          Quantity: 65
          Paper: 280 gsm Rives BFK, Off White
          Ink: Same as part 1
          This will be a 4.5x6.625" panel (finished size) more or less filled
          with text.

          Part 3
          Quantity: 115
          Paper: 280 gsm Rives BFK, Off White
          Ink: Same as part 1
          This will be a 4.5x6.625" panel (finished size) more or less filled
          with text.

          Part 4
          Quantity: 65
          Paper: 280 gsm Rives BFK, Off White
          Ink: Same as part 1
          This will be a 9x13.25" sheet (finished size) to be printed 1 side.
          This sheet will be folded down to two 9x6.5 panels with a .25" spine.
          The content will be the title page information.

          I will provide the paper as parent sheets or cut as you require. The
          page content will be sent as digital pages, either EPS files with fonts
          converted to outlines or PDFs with fonts embedded. Gang the work as you
          see fit, I will do the cutting later. Eventually all the pages will
          need to be scored for folding. If you want to bid this also, feel free.
          I may do the scoring myself.

          I would prefer itemized quotes so I can ball park things if specs
          change for some reason. Let me know how long your quote is good for and
          what kind of turn-around time I can expect. I need pricing by start of
          day Friday, March 11. I will have a scheduling/strategy meeting on
          March 11.

          Call, email or IM for further details,
          Don Drake
          Dreaming Mind