Re: [PPLetterpress] turning images into letterpress-able files--learning resources?

  • Katie Harper
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 2, 2005
      There is a very informative book that is entitled something like ³Printing
      with the Sun² which is about using a product called Solarplate, a name brand
      of photo polymer. Same principles apply, although things shift if you are
      printing intaglio versus relief (letterpress). If you are experimenting and
      don¹t need to have fine detail, you can make your own plates; you can even
      make your own negatives on a laser or ink jet printer. If you are looking
      for critical detail, as in commercial work, you are better off creating your
      files and giving them to a professional platemaker. It¹s still good to know
      how to make the right kind of file, however. For more information online,
      try www.boxcarpress.com

      Katie Harper
      Ars Brevis Press
      Beverly, MA