Parenthesis 11

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 26, 2005
      I received my copy of Parenthesis today. This, for those who might not
      know, is the journal of the Fine Press Book Association

      http://www.the-old-school.demon.co.uk/fpba/fpba.htm

      The Journal is published twice a year, one issue in the UK and one
      issue in NA. And well worth the membership dues. And an organization
      worthy of your support.

      Number 11 is an UK issue, loaded with delightful illustrations, and
      typically quite British (it must actually hurt English fingers to type
      out e-mail addresses! hello, hello). I caught this bit in book review
      by David Vickers...

      "The choice of Poliphilus as the typeface was a wise one. Its
      letterforms do not suffer as badly as some from the over-inked,
      well-worn look that printing from photopolymer has given them..."

      Oh dear, so much further work to do. And I'd thought we'd actually got
      past all that...