Re: A little something on Poliphilus

    Message 1 of 22 , Feb 15, 2005
      Dan et al

      Well, in the end I went in there and "fixed" the problematic character
      that I needed, the cap S. I didn't alter it anymore than necessary to
      make it conform to the lowercase but did fix the goofball "polygonal"
      effect, filled in the purposeful crevices in the outline, etc. Man,
      when you blow Poliphilus up it looks like Monotype just slashed away
      at that sucker. I found I had to pull back the curve a bit on the
      fairly thick characteristic trumpet-like swoop to the termination
      serifs to make it match the movement of the lowercase, and actually
      kick it back a tad on its axis.

      Seems to fit nicely now.

      Thanks for all the input.

      Gerald