Dutch Private Presses

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 12, 2005
      Of possible interest: There was a reference here to manuals for
      historic presses but I couldn't find the exact link; I can't read
      Dutch unfortunately.

      http://janmolendijk.brinkster.net/DidM_english.html

      reference is:

      # Drukwerk in de Marge has a very active Technical & Information
      Working Group that collects user manuals for historic presses, repairs
      or even restores presses, finds suppliers for hard-to-get materials,
      maintains an inventory of type available among the members etc.

      Gerald
    • Ludwig M. Solzen
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 13, 2005
        This is absolutely great! I do "think, dream and print" in that "beautiful
        language" and I am very, very pleased to here about this Foundation of
        fellow-Dutchmen. (Belgium, that is: the Dutch-speaking, northern part
        Flanders, and the southern, French-speaking, Wallonia, together with the
        Netherlands, form the Low Countries, that from ancient times inherit the
        same cultural traditions).

        I guess this is the link which was sought for:
        http://www.drukwerkindemarge.nl/DidM_Techniek.html (in Dutch).

        You cannot find manuals here for downloading, but it is said the Workgroup
        indeed collects technical information about letterpress printing and
        publishes its findings in its 'Vademecum': « Tot de Laatste Bout » (Up till
        the last screw) (€ 34,-).

        For more information I'd suggest you to write one of the members, a Mr
        Gerard Post van der Molen (e-mail: g.postvandermolen@...) or write to:

        Stichting Drukwerk in de Marge
        Werkgroep Techniek en Informatie
        G. Doustraat 4
        NL-2311 XP Leiden
        Phone: +31.71.513.00.81

        Ludwig

        Of possible interest: There was a reference here to manuals for
        historic presses but I couldn't find the exact link; I can't read
        Dutch unfortunately.

        http://janmolendijk.brinkster.net/DidM_english.html

        reference is:

        # Drukwerk in de Marge has a very active Technical & Information
        Working Group that collects user manuals for historic presses, repairs
        or even restores presses, finds suppliers for hard-to-get materials,
        maintains an inventory of type available among the members etc.

        Gerald

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      • Bruce P. Payne
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 13, 2005
          Here's a website that makes it easy to translate Dutch to English;
          not perfect, but pretty darn good
          http://babelfish.altavista.com/
          You can translate a block of text or a complete web page.
          -Bruce

          --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, "Gerald Lange" <bieler@w...>