Re: [PPLetterpress] In search of Mohawk Superfine 60#c/110#text

  • innererklang@aol.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 8, 2005
      Joel--
      I'd recommend Limited Papers in NYC (800.797.7022). They sell all the papers
      they stock (including Mohawk) in ANY quantity requested. Just make sure you
      ask them to pack the paper carefully. Even then, order a few extra sheets. I've
      rarely received a shipment without some damage.

      Mark Olson
      Innerer Klang Letterpress
      Asheville, NC

    • Joel at D.L.
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 8, 2005
        Thanks for all suggestions so far, though as of yet I haven't found a
        distributor who has it on the floor. I've found the paper companies
        sometimes willing to break a carton for little-old-me, though not on a
        mill order for something they don't normally stock.

        I've notified the customer that there may be an extra charge for the
        overrun of paper, or we may have to go to 100# text which JC Paper has
        on hand. I offered to split the cost of the overage since, like a
        rookie, I gave a price without fully investigating an unusual spec.

        I wish there was a retail source for the unusual weights, or that Mohawk
        would do a direct-to-consumer thing off their website like French Paper
        does. Paper Source and Kelly Paper are great but they have a limited
        range.

        Joel
      • Jenni Won
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 8, 2005
          Hi Joel,

          I'd also try Arvey which is a division of Xpedx [xpedx.com]:

          2275 Alameda Street
          SF, CA 94103
          415 863 3664

          They carry Mohawk in reams [in addition to cases]. I'm not sure if they'll
          have the exact paperstock you need in stock but I think you can also do
          special orders. It might be worth a call.

          Jenni

          _____

          Thanks for all suggestions so far, though as of yet I haven't found a
          distributor who has it on the floor. I've found the paper companies
          sometimes willing to break a carton for little-old-me, though not on a
          mill order for something they don't normally stock.

          I've notified the customer that there may be an extra charge for the
          overrun of paper, or we may have to go to 100# text which JC Paper has
          on hand. I offered to split the cost of the overage since, like a
          rookie, I gave a price without fully investigating an unusual spec.

          I wish there was a retail source for the unusual weights, or that Mohawk
          would do a direct-to-consumer thing off their website like French Paper
          does. Paper Source and Kelly Paper are great but they have a limited
          range.

          Joel

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=1290msq23/M=298184.6018725.7038619.3001176/D=gr
          oups/S=1706389862:HM/EXP=1107994165/A=2532114/R=2/SIG=12ki6f0kp/*http://clk.
          atdmt.com/NFX/go/yhxxxnfx0020000014nfx/direct/01/&time=1107907765753328>

          :HM/A=2532114/rand=377384078>

          _____

          Yahoo! Groups Links

          <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

        • Robert McGonigle
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 8, 2005
            Hello:

            Also check out Paper.com

            They have a wide assortment of papers.

            Bob McGonigle
            The Stonebridge Press

            --- Jenni Won <jenniwon@...> wrote:

            > Hi Joel,
            >
            > I'd also try Arvey which is a division of Xpedx
            > [xpedx.com]:
            >
            > 2275 Alameda Street
            > SF, CA 94103
            > 415 863 3664
            >
            > They carry Mohawk in reams [in addition to cases].
            > I'm not sure if they'll
            > have the exact paperstock you need in stock but I
            > think you can also do
            > special orders. It might be worth a call.
            >
            > Jenni
            >

            > _____

            =====
            Bob McGonigle
            18 George Street
            Milford, CT 06460
            203-876-7615
            bobmcgonigle@...

            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 8, 2005
              Dolphin Papers in Indianapolis also carries sheets of Mohawk. Not sure which
              stock, but worth a try.

              Katie Harper

              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 8, 2005
                Good suggestion to call Limited Papers. I used to
                sell Saul when I was a paper sales rep. and they are
                good people.

                There is also an outfit in PA, Glodan Paper run by Dan
                Glowatski (thus the name). The web addy is glodan.com

                Bob McGonigle
                The Stonebridge Press

                --- innererklang@... wrote:

                > Joel--
                > I'd recommend Limited Papers in NYC (800.797.7022).
                > They sell all the papers
                > they stock (including Mohawk) in ANY quantity
                > requested. Just make sure you
                > ask them to pack the paper carefully. Even then,
                > order a few extra sheets. I've
                > rarely received a shipment without some damage.
                >
                > Mark Olson
                > Innerer Klang Letterpress
                > Asheville, NC

                > removed]