Re: [PPLetterpress] In search of Mohawk Superfine 60#c/110#text

  • Timothy Arthur Brown
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 8 10:09 AM
      Hi Joel,

      Have you reviewed the list of distributors at www.mohawkpaper.com by
      following the link labeled "Find a distributor"? Distributors may be
      searched by state and each listing gives a short description indicating
      whether they are wholesalers or sell cut sizes to the public.

      One California listing which may be of special interest to you is:

      San Francisco
      Kelly Paper*
      415-522-0420
      www.kellypaper.com <http://www.kellypaper.com>
      (Cut-size only:direct sales to public)

      Hope I have been of some help.

      T. A. Brown
      Franconia, New Hampshire USA

      Joel at D.L. wrote:

      >Does anybody have a local distributor that carries Mohawk Superfine
      >Ultrawhite Smooth in the 60 cover/110 text weight? I'm trying to avoid
      >having to mill order a carton to fill my small order (75 sheets of 26 x
      >40). Mohawk wouldn't refer me to any specific distributor; I suppose
      >they can't play favorites or something.
      >
      >Thanks for any leads,
      >Joel
      >
      >Joel Benson
      >Dependable Letterpress
      >San Francisco
      >

      >Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Roderick
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 8 10:48 AM
        Joel,

        Go to your nearest Paper Source and order 75 sheets. It's a little
        more but you only get 75 sheets. Alternatively, call Al at JC Paper
        800-527-3527 x3527, adorshkind@... or contact a few offset
        printers. Paper companies are known to break cartons for them.

        Best, Roderick

        http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250
      • innererklang@aol.com
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 8 10:56 AM
          Joel--
          I'd recommend Limited Papers in NYC (800.797.7022). They sell all the papers
          they stock (including Mohawk) in ANY quantity requested. Just make sure you
          ask them to pack the paper carefully. Even then, order a few extra sheets. I've
          rarely received a shipment without some damage.

          Mark Olson
          Innerer Klang Letterpress
          Asheville, NC

        • Joel at D.L.
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 8 4:09 PM
            Thanks for all suggestions so far, though as of yet I haven't found a
            distributor who has it on the floor. I've found the paper companies
            sometimes willing to break a carton for little-old-me, though not on a
            mill order for something they don't normally stock.

            I've notified the customer that there may be an extra charge for the
            overrun of paper, or we may have to go to 100# text which JC Paper has
            on hand. I offered to split the cost of the overage since, like a
            rookie, I gave a price without fully investigating an unusual spec.

            I wish there was a retail source for the unusual weights, or that Mohawk
            would do a direct-to-consumer thing off their website like French Paper
            does. Paper Source and Kelly Paper are great but they have a limited
            range.

            Joel
          • Jenni Won
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 8 5:39 PM
              Hi Joel,

              I'd also try Arvey which is a division of Xpedx [xpedx.com]:

              2275 Alameda Street
              SF, CA 94103
              415 863 3664

              They carry Mohawk in reams [in addition to cases]. I'm not sure if they'll
              have the exact paperstock you need in stock but I think you can also do
              special orders. It might be worth a call.

              Jenni

              _____

              Thanks for all suggestions so far, though as of yet I haven't found a
              distributor who has it on the floor. I've found the paper companies
              sometimes willing to break a carton for little-old-me, though not on a
              mill order for something they don't normally stock.

              I've notified the customer that there may be an extra charge for the
              overrun of paper, or we may have to go to 100# text which JC Paper has
              on hand. I offered to split the cost of the overage since, like a
              rookie, I gave a price without fully investigating an unusual spec.

              I wish there was a retail source for the unusual weights, or that Mohawk
              would do a direct-to-consumer thing off their website like French Paper
              does. Paper Source and Kelly Paper are great but they have a limited
              range.

              Joel

              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

              <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=1290msq23/M=298184.6018725.7038619.3001176/D=gr
              oups/S=1706389862:HM/EXP=1107994165/A=2532114/R=2/SIG=12ki6f0kp/*http://clk.
              atdmt.com/NFX/go/yhxxxnfx0020000014nfx/direct/01/&time=1107907765753328>

              :HM/A=2532114/rand=377384078>

              _____

              Yahoo! Groups Links

              <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

            • Robert McGonigle
              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 8 8:27 PM
                Hello:

                Also check out Paper.com

                They have a wide assortment of papers.

                Bob McGonigle
                The Stonebridge Press

                --- Jenni Won <jenniwon@...> wrote:

                > Hi Joel,
                >
                > I'd also try Arvey which is a division of Xpedx
                > [xpedx.com]:
                >
                > 2275 Alameda Street
                > SF, CA 94103
                > 415 863 3664
                >
                > They carry Mohawk in reams [in addition to cases].
                > I'm not sure if they'll
                > have the exact paperstock you need in stock but I
                > think you can also do
                > special orders. It might be worth a call.
                >
                > Jenni
                >

                > _____

                =====
                Bob McGonigle
                18 George Street
                Milford, CT 06460
                203-876-7615
                bobmcgonigle@...

                Message 7 of 9 , Feb 8 8:29 PM
                  Dolphin Papers in Indianapolis also carries sheets of Mohawk. Not sure which
                  stock, but worth a try.

                  Katie Harper

                  Message 8 of 9 , Feb 8 8:33 PM
                    Good suggestion to call Limited Papers. I used to
                    sell Saul when I was a paper sales rep. and they are
                    good people.

                    There is also an outfit in PA, Glodan Paper run by Dan
                    Glowatski (thus the name). The web addy is glodan.com

                    Bob McGonigle
                    The Stonebridge Press

                    --- innererklang@... wrote:

                    > Joel--
                    > I'd recommend Limited Papers in NYC (800.797.7022).
                    > They sell all the papers
                    > they stock (including Mohawk) in ANY quantity
                    > requested. Just make sure you
                    > ask them to pack the paper carefully. Even then,
                    > order a few extra sheets. I've
                    > rarely received a shipment without some damage.
                    >
                    > Mark Olson
                    > Innerer Klang Letterpress
                    > Asheville, NC

                    > removed]