In search of Mohawk Superfine 60#c/110#text

  • Joel at D.L.
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 8, 2005
      Does anybody have a local distributor that carries Mohawk Superfine
      Ultrawhite Smooth in the 60 cover/110 text weight? I'm trying to avoid
      having to mill order a carton to fill my small order (75 sheets of 26 x
      40). Mohawk wouldn't refer me to any specific distributor; I suppose
      they can't play favorites or something.

      Thanks for any leads,
      Joel

      Joel Benson
      Dependable Letterpress
      San Francisco
    • Timothy Arthur Brown
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 8, 2005
        Hi Joel,

        Have you reviewed the list of distributors at www.mohawkpaper.com by
        following the link labeled "Find a distributor"? Distributors may be
        searched by state and each listing gives a short description indicating
        whether they are wholesalers or sell cut sizes to the public.

        One California listing which may be of special interest to you is:

        San Francisco
        Kelly Paper*
        415-522-0420
        www.kellypaper.com <http://www.kellypaper.com>
        (Cut-size only:direct sales to public)

        Hope I have been of some help.

        T. A. Brown
        Franconia, New Hampshire USA

        Joel at D.L. wrote:

        >Does anybody have a local distributor that carries Mohawk Superfine
        >Ultrawhite Smooth in the 60 cover/110 text weight? I'm trying to avoid
        >having to mill order a carton to fill my small order (75 sheets of 26 x
        >40). Mohawk wouldn't refer me to any specific distributor; I suppose
        >they can't play favorites or something.
        >
        >Thanks for any leads,
        >Joel
        >
        >Joel Benson
        >Dependable Letterpress
        >San Francisco
        >

        >Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Roderick
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 8, 2005
          Joel,

          Go to your nearest Paper Source and order 75 sheets. It's a little
          more but you only get 75 sheets. Alternatively, call Al at JC Paper
          800-527-3527 x3527, adorshkind@... or contact a few offset
          printers. Paper companies are known to break cartons for them.

          Best, Roderick

          http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250
        • innererklang@aol.com
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 8, 2005
            Joel--
            I'd recommend Limited Papers in NYC (800.797.7022). They sell all the papers
            they stock (including Mohawk) in ANY quantity requested. Just make sure you
            ask them to pack the paper carefully. Even then, order a few extra sheets. I've
            rarely received a shipment without some damage.

            Mark Olson
            Innerer Klang Letterpress
            Asheville, NC

          • Joel at D.L.
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 8, 2005
              Thanks for all suggestions so far, though as of yet I haven't found a
              distributor who has it on the floor. I've found the paper companies
              sometimes willing to break a carton for little-old-me, though not on a
              mill order for something they don't normally stock.

              I've notified the customer that there may be an extra charge for the
              overrun of paper, or we may have to go to 100# text which JC Paper has
              on hand. I offered to split the cost of the overage since, like a
              rookie, I gave a price without fully investigating an unusual spec.

              I wish there was a retail source for the unusual weights, or that Mohawk
              would do a direct-to-consumer thing off their website like French Paper
              does. Paper Source and Kelly Paper are great but they have a limited
              range.

              Joel
            • Jenni Won
              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 8, 2005
                Hi Joel,

                I'd also try Arvey which is a division of Xpedx [xpedx.com]:

                2275 Alameda Street
                SF, CA 94103
                415 863 3664

                They carry Mohawk in reams [in addition to cases]. I'm not sure if they'll
                have the exact paperstock you need in stock but I think you can also do
                special orders. It might be worth a call.

                Jenni

                _____

                Thanks for all suggestions so far, though as of yet I haven't found a
                distributor who has it on the floor. I've found the paper companies
                sometimes willing to break a carton for little-old-me, though not on a
                mill order for something they don't normally stock.

                I've notified the customer that there may be an extra charge for the
                overrun of paper, or we may have to go to 100# text which JC Paper has
                on hand. I offered to split the cost of the overage since, like a
                rookie, I gave a price without fully investigating an unusual spec.

                I wish there was a retail source for the unusual weights, or that Mohawk
                would do a direct-to-consumer thing off their website like French Paper
                does. Paper Source and Kelly Paper are great but they have a limited
                range.

                Joel

                Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=1290msq23/M=298184.6018725.7038619.3001176/D=gr
                oups/S=1706389862:HM/EXP=1107994165/A=2532114/R=2/SIG=12ki6f0kp/*http://clk.
                atdmt.com/NFX/go/yhxxxnfx0020000014nfx/direct/01/&time=1107907765753328>

                :HM/A=2532114/rand=377384078>

                _____

                Yahoo! Groups Links

                <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

              • Robert McGonigle
                Message 7 of 9 , Feb 8, 2005
                  Hello:

                  Also check out Paper.com

                  They have a wide assortment of papers.

                  Bob McGonigle
                  The Stonebridge Press

                  --- Jenni Won <jenniwon@...> wrote:

                  > Hi Joel,
                  >
                  > I'd also try Arvey which is a division of Xpedx
                  > [xpedx.com]:
                  >
                  > 2275 Alameda Street
                  > SF, CA 94103
                  > 415 863 3664
                  >
                  > They carry Mohawk in reams [in addition to cases].
                  > I'm not sure if they'll
                  > have the exact paperstock you need in stock but I
                  > think you can also do
                  > special orders. It might be worth a call.
                  >
                  > Jenni
                  >

                  > _____

                  =====
                  Bob McGonigle
                  18 George Street
                  Milford, CT 06460
                  203-876-7615
                  bobmcgonigle@...

                  Message 8 of 9 , Feb 8, 2005
                    Dolphin Papers in Indianapolis also carries sheets of Mohawk. Not sure which
                    stock, but worth a try.

                    Katie Harper

                    Message 9 of 9 , Feb 8, 2005
                      Good suggestion to call Limited Papers. I used to
                      sell Saul when I was a paper sales rep. and they are
                      good people.

                      There is also an outfit in PA, Glodan Paper run by Dan
                      Glowatski (thus the name). The web addy is glodan.com

                      Bob McGonigle
                      The Stonebridge Press

                      --- innererklang@... wrote:

                      > Joel--
                      > I'd recommend Limited Papers in NYC (800.797.7022).
                      > They sell all the papers
                      > they stock (including Mohawk) in ANY quantity
                      > requested. Just make sure you
                      > ask them to pack the paper carefully. Even then,
                      > order a few extra sheets. I've
                      > rarely received a shipment without some damage.
                      >
                      > Mark Olson
                      > Innerer Klang Letterpress
                      > Asheville, NC

                      > removed]