Re: [PPLetterpress] New Version of RoboFab

    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 8, 2005
      Yes. Just & Erik are the first truly modern typographers of the digital era.
      Everything before Beo was a simulation of work that could have just as well been drawn on rubylith.
      (As is most of the work since!) The use of Postscript as a PROGRAMMING language, not merely a DESCRIPTION language allowed the brilliant innovation or allowing the data points a degree of 'freedom' -- randomness every time a letter was processed.
      Next time either Just or Erik gives a talk somewhere, I highly recommend the show ;-)
      They are both brilliant and extremely funny.

      RoboFab is just the latest in the giant steps forward. UFO, the XML 'Unified Font Object' abstracts the properties of a digital font into a straightforward structured text document which can be processed as XML...

      http://www.semiotx.com Web Strategy Consulting
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 8, 2005
        Hi Andrew

        Yes very neat!
        I've always loved this kind of stuff. Your little roundel is lovely.