Re: [PPLetterpress] stat camera

  • Silver MayKitten
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 5, 2005
      A stat camera has a mirror that erects the image, so you do not
      need to shoot through the base of the film for letterpress
      film. Stat King by VGC was the best but Photostat was good too.
      It will make good to excellent quality images. (Depending on
      how well it was maintained.

      To test the camera put two identical rulers so that they appear
      on opposite edges of the film. Check the developed image to see
      if both rulers are the same length. Then move the rulers 90� so
      they image the extreme other sides and measure again. Check
      that the focus is good the whole width of the image.

      MaiK�tzchen
      --- cmcgarr1957 <casey@...> wrote:

      > I need help. I was offered a stat camera, the big floor model
      > with the lights near the
      > bottom and the frame at the top of the stand. Anyway my
      > question is can this be used for
      > making photopolymer plates? I'm getting more interested in
      > trying to make my own. I also
      > have an opportunity to buy a NuarcFT26L which I know would
      > work. Any help would be
      > greatly appreciated.
      >
      > Casey McGarr
      > Bargarr Letterpress

      =====
      Pagan, Pagan, what are you finding?

      From the book, Charge of the Goddess
      BY: Doreen Valiente

      http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
    • Gary Mordhorst
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 6, 2005
        Hello Casey,

        The stat camera, or gallery camera has been made obsolete by the
        computer. The only thing that these two cameras do is take hard copy
        (keylines and logo sheets) and commit their images to film or RC paper.
        The light spectrum and exposure system are not useful for
        photopolymer.

        Take a pass on this stuff. It is hard enough to do good work using the
        correct equipment. Don't load your shop up with junk.

        Best regards,

        Gary Mordhorst
        AccuColor Plus, Inc.
        www.accucolor.com

        Conventional offset Digital offset Contemporary
        letterpress

        On Feb 5, 2005, at 9:04 PM, cmcgarr1957 wrote:

        > I need help. I was offered a stat camera, the big floor model with
        > the lights near the
        > bottom and the frame at the top of the stand. Anyway my question is
        > can this be used for
        > making photopolymer plates? I'm getting more interested in trying to
        > make my own. I also
        > have an opportunity to buy a NuarcFT26L which I know would work. Any
        > help would be
        > greatly appreciated.
        >
        > Casey McGarr
        > Bargarr Letterpress

        > Service.

      • Greg Beckemeier
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 6, 2005
          Hey Gary. I just noticed you do litho. I'm not sure if you've checked out my
          web site, but I'm gearing up to start selling to the pharmaceutical
          companies and need a partner who can print large runs of my boxes from 5,000
          to 1 million.

          Can you handle a 12 x 18 18pt SBSC1S or would you have to sub it out?

          Look forward to meeting you on the 26th!

          Greg

          Greg Beckemeier
          Bullseye Boxes LLC
          greg@...
          (636) 410-0188 phone
          (314) 754-9440 fax
          The stat camera, or gallery camera has been made obsolete by the
          computer. The only thing that these two cameras do is take hard copy
          (keylines and logo sheets) and commit their images to film or RC paper.
          The light spectrum and exposure system are not useful for
          photopolymer.

          Take a pass on this stuff. It is hard enough to do good work using the
          correct equipment. Don't load your shop up with junk.

          Best regards,

          Gary Mordhorst
          AccuColor Plus, Inc.
          www.accucolor.com

          Conventional offset Digital offset Contemporary
          letterpress

          On Feb 5, 2005, at 9:04 PM, cmcgarr1957 wrote:

          > I need help. I was offered a stat camera, the big floor model with
          > the lights near the
          > bottom and the frame at the top of the stand. Anyway my question is
          > can this be used for
          > making photopolymer plates? I'm getting more interested in trying to
          > make my own. I also
          > have an opportunity to buy a NuarcFT26L which I know would work. Any
          > help would be
          > greatly appreciated.
          >
          > Casey McGarr
          > Bargarr Letterpress