stat camera

  • cmcgarr1957
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 5 7:04 PM
      I need help. I was offered a stat camera, the big floor model with the lights near the
      bottom and the frame at the top of the stand. Anyway my question is can this be used for
      making photopolymer plates? I'm getting more interested in trying to make my own. I also
      have an opportunity to buy a NuarcFT26L which I know would work. Any help would be
      greatly appreciated.

      Casey McGarr
      Bargarr Letterpress
    • Silver MayKitten
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 5 7:14 PM
        A stat camera has a mirror that erects the image, so you do not
        need to shoot through the base of the film for letterpress
        film. Stat King by VGC was the best but Photostat was good too.
        It will make good to excellent quality images. (Depending on
        how well it was maintained.

        To test the camera put two identical rulers so that they appear
        on opposite edges of the film. Check the developed image to see
        if both rulers are the same length. Then move the rulers 90� so
        they image the extreme other sides and measure again. Check
        that the focus is good the whole width of the image.

        MaiK�tzchen
        --- cmcgarr1957 <casey@...> wrote:

        > I need help. I was offered a stat camera, the big floor model
        > with the lights near the
        > bottom and the frame at the top of the stand. Anyway my
        > question is can this be used for
        > making photopolymer plates? I'm getting more interested in
        > trying to make my own. I also
        > have an opportunity to buy a NuarcFT26L which I know would
        > work. Any help would be
        > greatly appreciated.
        >
        > Casey McGarr
        > Bargarr Letterpress

        =====
        Pagan, Pagan, what are you finding?

        From the book, Charge of the Goddess
        BY: Doreen Valiente

        http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
      • Gary Mordhorst
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 6 5:28 AM
          Hello Casey,

          The stat camera, or gallery camera has been made obsolete by the
          computer. The only thing that these two cameras do is take hard copy
          (keylines and logo sheets) and commit their images to film or RC paper.
          The light spectrum and exposure system are not useful for
          photopolymer.

          Take a pass on this stuff. It is hard enough to do good work using the
          correct equipment. Don't load your shop up with junk.

          Best regards,

          Gary Mordhorst
          AccuColor Plus, Inc.
          www.accucolor.com

          Conventional offset Digital offset Contemporary
          letterpress

          On Feb 5, 2005, at 9:04 PM, cmcgarr1957 wrote:

          > I need help. I was offered a stat camera, the big floor model with
          > the lights near the
          > bottom and the frame at the top of the stand. Anyway my question is
          > can this be used for
          > making photopolymer plates? I'm getting more interested in trying to
          > make my own. I also
          > have an opportunity to buy a NuarcFT26L which I know would work. Any
          > help would be
          > greatly appreciated.
          >
          > Casey McGarr
          > Bargarr Letterpress

          > Service.

        • Greg Beckemeier
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 6 7:54 PM
            Hey Gary. I just noticed you do litho. I'm not sure if you've checked out my
            web site, but I'm gearing up to start selling to the pharmaceutical
            companies and need a partner who can print large runs of my boxes from 5,000
            to 1 million.

            Can you handle a 12 x 18 18pt SBSC1S or would you have to sub it out?

            Look forward to meeting you on the 26th!

            Greg

            Greg Beckemeier
            Bullseye Boxes LLC
            greg@...
            (636) 410-0188 phone
            (314) 754-9440 fax
            The stat camera, or gallery camera has been made obsolete by the
            computer. The only thing that these two cameras do is take hard copy
            (keylines and logo sheets) and commit their images to film or RC paper.
            The light spectrum and exposure system are not useful for
            photopolymer.

            Take a pass on this stuff. It is hard enough to do good work using the
            correct equipment. Don't load your shop up with junk.

            Best regards,

            Gary Mordhorst
            AccuColor Plus, Inc.
            www.accucolor.com

            Conventional offset Digital offset Contemporary
            letterpress

            On Feb 5, 2005, at 9:04 PM, cmcgarr1957 wrote:

            > I need help. I was offered a stat camera, the big floor model with
            > the lights near the
            > bottom and the frame at the top of the stand. Anyway my question is
            > can this be used for
            > making photopolymer plates? I'm getting more interested in trying to
            > make my own. I also
            > have an opportunity to buy a NuarcFT26L which I know would work. Any
            > help would be
            > greatly appreciated.
            >
            > Casey McGarr
            > Bargarr Letterpress