Roller Company in UK

  • Katie Harper
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 11, 2002
      Hello

      A friend brought over some fabulous brayers that he says he got from a
      company called Lawrence (?) in England. Does anyone know of this company?
      I'm wondering if they make letterpress rollers...??

      Katie Harper
      Cincinnati, OH
    • Tim Honnor
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 15, 2002
        Martyn,
        I think we have met at the Oxford Fair.
        I have just bought a Polimero (Dutch) auto wash polymer platemaker. Am
        already getting excellent results. perhaps I could do them for you
        (perhaps!) I can take Qwark files via e-mail/ISDN.
        Give me a ring if you would like to discuss further.
        Best wishes
        Tim
        --
        Tim Honnor - Piccolo Press - Harbour Street - Nairn - IV12 4PG
        tel: 01667 454508 fax:01667 454509

        From: "oldschoolpress" <mao@...>
        Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 17:14:17 -0000
        To: PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com
        Subject: [PPLetterpress] UK plate makers

        Hi

        Have just joined this group - am looking for someone to make/process
        plates for me in the UK, from supplied copy - I want something ready
        to print from. I have kpe graphics from the database - any other
        offerings gratefully accepted.

        Martyn Ould
        The Old School Press

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ADVERTISEMENT

        PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com

        To log on to the groupsite (confirmed Yahoo ID required), go to
        http://groups.yahoogroups.com/group/PPLetterpress
        [copious reference sources can be found onsite in Bookmarks (URLs),
        Database (tables), Files (documents), and Messages (archives)]

        Encountering problems? send an email to
        PPLetterpress-owner@yahoogroups.com

        To unsubscribe, send an email to

        <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

      • Tim Honnor
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 16, 2002

          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 21, 2002
            > Have just joined this group - am looking for someone to make/process
            > plates for me in the UK, from supplied copy - I want something ready
            > to print from. I have kpe graphics from the database - any other
            > offerings gratefully accepted.
            >
            > Martyn Ould
            > The Old School Press

            Martyn

            Hope you found someone!!!

            I'd appreciate knowing the whereabouts of various processors, equipment/plate
            manufacturers/distributors, etc (from anyone!!!) so that the information can
            be added to the database tables and shared with the members.

            All best

            Gerald
          • Michael Barnes
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 22, 2002
              Well since you ask Gerald I have a Linotronic 560 which outputs film
              negatives and positives, emulsion up or down. I have a service bureau in
              Vancouver, Canada. Since I am a book lover myself and a letterpress printer
              I'd welcome making the films for other book projects too, from all major
              software, Mac and PC, including pdf.

              We can impose of course and easily print films 17 by 22 inches. Minimum
              resolution 2540 dpi, since I prefer the look of text at that resolution
              rather than anything lower.

              The enfeebled Canadian dollar makes print services done in this country
              pretty attractive to Americans.

              I'll be in Palm Springs next week and if I come to LA will be dropping into
              Bieler Press to buy your book. Also I may bring a friend who owns Red Heifer
              Press in LA, has an interest in and indeed a need for fine press. His URL is
              http://www.redheiferpress.com/index.html.

              Michael Barnes