UK plate makers

  • oldschoolpress
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 11, 2002
      Hi

      Have just joined this group - am looking for someone to make/process
      plates for me in the UK, from supplied copy - I want something ready
      to print from. I have kpe graphics from the database - any other
      offerings gratefully accepted.

      Martyn Ould
      The Old School Press
    • Katie Harper
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 11, 2002
        Hello

        A friend brought over some fabulous brayers that he says he got from a
        company called Lawrence (?) in England. Does anyone know of this company?
        I'm wondering if they make letterpress rollers...??

        Katie Harper
        Cincinnati, OH
      • Tim Honnor
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 15, 2002
          Martyn,
          I think we have met at the Oxford Fair.
          I have just bought a Polimero (Dutch) auto wash polymer platemaker. Am
          already getting excellent results. perhaps I could do them for you
          (perhaps!) I can take Qwark files via e-mail/ISDN.
          Give me a ring if you would like to discuss further.
          Best wishes
          Tim
          --
          Tim Honnor - Piccolo Press - Harbour Street - Nairn - IV12 4PG
          tel: 01667 454508 fax:01667 454509

          From: "oldschoolpress" <mao@...>
          Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 17:14:17 -0000
          To: PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com
          Subject: [PPLetterpress] UK plate makers

          Hi

          Have just joined this group - am looking for someone to make/process
          plates for me in the UK, from supplied copy - I want something ready
          to print from. I have kpe graphics from the database - any other
          offerings gratefully accepted.

          Martyn Ould
          The Old School Press

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ADVERTISEMENT

          PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com

          To log on to the groupsite (confirmed Yahoo ID required), go to
          http://groups.yahoogroups.com/group/PPLetterpress
          [copious reference sources can be found onsite in Bookmarks (URLs),
          Database (tables), Files (documents), and Messages (archives)]

          Encountering problems? send an email to
          PPLetterpress-owner@yahoogroups.com

          To unsubscribe, send an email to

          <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

        • Tim Honnor
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 16, 2002

            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 21, 2002
              > Have just joined this group - am looking for someone to make/process
              > plates for me in the UK, from supplied copy - I want something ready
              > to print from. I have kpe graphics from the database - any other
              > offerings gratefully accepted.
              >
              > Martyn Ould
              > The Old School Press

              Martyn

              Hope you found someone!!!

              I'd appreciate knowing the whereabouts of various processors, equipment/plate
              manufacturers/distributors, etc (from anyone!!!) so that the information can
              be added to the database tables and shared with the members.

              All best

              Gerald
            • Michael Barnes
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 22, 2002
                Well since you ask Gerald I have a Linotronic 560 which outputs film
                negatives and positives, emulsion up or down. I have a service bureau in
                Vancouver, Canada. Since I am a book lover myself and a letterpress printer
                I'd welcome making the films for other book projects too, from all major
                software, Mac and PC, including pdf.

                We can impose of course and easily print films 17 by 22 inches. Minimum
                resolution 2540 dpi, since I prefer the look of text at that resolution
                rather than anything lower.

                The enfeebled Canadian dollar makes print services done in this country
                pretty attractive to Americans.

                I'll be in Palm Springs next week and if I come to LA will be dropping into
                Bieler Press to buy your book. Also I may bring a friend who owns Red Heifer
                Press in LA, has an interest in and indeed a need for fine press. His URL is
                http://www.redheiferpress.com/index.html.

                Michael Barnes