Hacker Test Press

  • Daniel Petrzelka
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 27, 2005
      Does anyone on this list have or know where to find information on the large Hacker
      Proof Presses?

      I am getting one that looks identical to this one:
      http://www.nougat.org/~cchen/pictures/2004/01-03-Hacker-H4/
      http://www.nougat.org/~cchen/pictures/2004/01-06-Taming-of-The-Hacker/

      Mine appears to be pre-serial number, as it has only the Hacker plate with one patent
      number, and no model or serial #.

      So far all I know is that Hacker was bought out by Vandercook in the 1930's, but there
      seems to be no evidence of them in the old ATF catalogues. The table-top Poco
      presses were aparently made by Horace Hacker & Co.

      Any info greatly appreciated...

      thank you
      Daniel Petrzelka