Film AT LAST

  • Printer
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 9, 2005
      Hello All,
      I am happy to announce that the imagesetter and film processor has been installed, tested, and is up and running, so Dependable Letterpress is accepting digital files for film output as of now. Only took twice as long as I expected, which is pretty good for a digital device in my experience! ;^)

      I am accepting files via email at the address that this message is sent from. Please contact me before sending files above 5 MB or so, so as to avoid overloading my email box! I am exploring alternatives to FTP as a method for receiving larger files, as I am not sure I will have the volume to justify the expense of setting up an FTP server. Any advice on this matter is welcome!

      As I mentioned before, I will be using the same rate schedule that Octagon Digital used for the time being.

      In other news, I should have a website up within the week, which will have more information on this service and a downloadable order form.

      Thanks to all who have written in the past week with encouraging words. I hope I can prove to be as helpful and reliable as Octagon has been for all these years, in service to the letterpress community.

      Best,
      Joel Benson
      Dependable Letterpress
      2325 Third Street, No. 338
      San Francisco, CA 94107
      415 608 9089
    • Regis Graden
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 11, 2005
        Joel Benson,

        Really glad to hear you will be providing service. I make polymer plates for clients and myself. I hope to be able to refer those clients to you and have you send the negatives to me for the plates.

        Hope to be doing business, let me know when your web page is set up.

        Thanks,

        Regis

        Printer <dep.letterpress@...> wrote: Hello All,