Re: [PPLetterpress] Curtis Flannel Cover?

  • Kathleen Whalen
    Message 1 of 63 , Jan 8, 2005
      I'll be phoning the mills on Monday (since they privatised Directory
      Enquiries it's been difficult to get phone numbers), so can you give me the
      weights (gsm if known) sizes and shades you're interested in.

      Graham

      Incline Press
      36 Bow Street
      Oldham OL1 1SJ England
      (44) 0161 627 1966
      http://www.inclinepress.com

      > From: Gerald Lange <bieler@...>
      > Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2005 08:33:35 -0800
      > To: PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com
      > Subject: Re: [PPLetterpress] Curtis Flannel Cover?
      >

      > Graham
      >
      > These are the two mills I was referencing.
      >
      > Curtis Fine Papers, Guardbridge Mills, St Andrews, Fife
      > Curtis Fine Papers, Dalmore Mills, Penicuik
      >
      > Gerald

    • Eric
      Message 63 of 63 , Sep 21, 2011
        --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, "Fritz Klinke" <nagraph@...> wrote:

        > If in doubt, using a larger hammer is surely going to lead to disaster and the worst thing you can do is fracture the hub of the cylinder that the handle attaches to and/or break the handle.

        Yes, a ham-fisted approach will do serious damage, no denying that. But light blows from a heavy hammer will do the job more surely and more easily than heavy blows with a light hammer. You have to be careful and feel your way into it rather than trying to beat it into submission. And you must be sure you are working from the thin end of the pin.
        The only time the large hammer method failed me was where someone had been trying to drive the pin out from the thick end, and trying very hard.
        --Eric Holub, SF