Re: [PPLetterpress] Demagnetizing flatbases?

  • Regis Graden
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 27, 2004
      Lining up metal backed polymer plates has never been a real problem for me. I don't know why all the fuss about it. Maybe it's just me but I have learned how to handle it.

      Regis

      Gerald Lange <bieler@...> wrote:

      A couple of months ago someone suggested the possibility of
      temporarily demagnetizing Bunting Cerface bases with an electric
      demagnetizer. The idea being that demagnetization would make
      registration a bit easier to facilitate. The fellow suggested the base
      would quickly revert back to its previous magnetic state.

      Well, I wasn't about to try this on an $800+ flatbase, but this
      weekend I did attempt to demagnetize some thin ceramic magnets and it
      sure did NOT alter the magnetism of those.

      Has anyone actually tried this?

      Gerald

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT