Type spaces

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 18, 2004
      I recently acquired a copy of Peter Burnhill's _Type spaces: in-house norms in the typography of Aldus Manutius_. This is a relatively recent Hyphen Press book (2003). _Type spaces_ is an in-depth study of several of the Aldine, looking for a system of unified measurement in the production of the type and its spatial relationships. Quite an interesting read. Kudos to publisher Robin Kinross for pushing beyond the edge.