Re: [PPLetterpress] Digest Number 820

  • barb tetenbaum
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 8, 2004
      I purchased one of these new 12 years ago in Leipzig,
      in the former East Germany. Its a long shot, but I
      imagine you might track some down in other central
      European countries that still manufacture such things
      from the old Communist days, like the Czech Republic
      or Poland (?)

      -Barbara Tetenbaum

      > Message: 1
      > Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2004 14:34:03 -0600
      > From: "Joyce, Michael" <kmjoyce@...>
      > Subject: FW: Spring Spine Cloth Bound Book Cover
      >

      > I have a sample proposal cover that has a spring in
      > the spine which
      > clamps the book block. The cover is heavy board
      > covered in book cloth.
      > On the back the word "semikolon;" is debossed. If
      > you open the book all
      > the way cover to back, you can release the spring.
      >
      > Does anyone know where I can find covers like this
      > and/or the spring for
      > the spine?
      >
      > Thanks,
      > K. Michael Joyce Jr.
      > Graphic Designer & Problem Solver

      > - - - - - - - - - -
      > - - - - - - - - - - - -
      > HDR ONE COMPANY | Many Solutions
      > 8404 Indian Hills Drive | Omaha, NE 68114-4049
      > Phone: 402.399.1231 | Fax: 402.399.1400 | Email:
      > michaelDOTjoyceAThdrincDOTcom

    • Tad DuBois
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 8, 2004
        I came across a whole line of stationary with that logo in Heidelberg:
        sketchpads, gridded notebooks, etc., with the past ten years. Try a search
        of amazon.de? Of course you'll need a translator, but they ship to the
        states' with little trouble.

        Tad DuBois
        781.271.7720

        I purchased one of these new 12 years ago in Leipzig,
        in the former East Germany. Its a long shot, but I
        imagine you might track some down in other central
        European countries that still manufacture such things
        from the old Communist days, like the Czech Republic
        or Poland (?)

        -Barbara Tetenbaum

        > Message: 1
        > Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2004 14:34:03 -0600
        > From: "Joyce, Michael" <kmjoyce@...>
        > Subject: FW: Spring Spine Cloth Bound Book Cover
        >

        > I have a sample proposal cover that has a spring in
        > the spine which
        > clamps the book block. The cover is heavy board
        > covered in book cloth.
        > On the back the word "semikolon;" is debossed. If
        > you open the book all
        > the way cover to back, you can release the spring.
        >
        > Does anyone know where I can find covers like this
        > and/or the spring for
        > the spine?
        >
        > Thanks,
        > K. Michael Joyce Jr.
        > Graphic Designer & Problem Solver

        > - - - - - - - - - -
        > - - - - - - - - - - - -
        > HDR ONE COMPANY | Many Solutions
        > 8404 Indian Hills Drive | Omaha, NE 68114-4049
        > Phone: 402.399.1231 | Fax: 402.399.1400 | Email:
        > michaelDOTjoyceAThdrincDOTcom

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • Alan Brignull
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 9, 2004
          Springback binders are used here for stamp albums - you might try a
          philatelic supplier.

          Alan