Re: [PPLetterpress] FW: Spring Spine Cloth Bound Book Cover

  • Kathleen Whalen
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 8, 2004
      Sounds similar to what were once sold as stamp albums, so you might try a
      philatelic supply wholesaler. Failing that, Conservation Supplies via a
      University library.

      Graham Moss
      Incline Press
      36 Bow Street
      Oldham OL1 1SJ England
      (44) 0161 627 1966
      http://www.inclinepress.com
    • Keith Berger
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 8, 2004
        You might try The Tenacity Manufacturing Company at 513-821-0201 they
        seem to be very old school and make different kinds of binders.
        On Dec 7, 2004, at 3:34 PM, Joyce, Michael wrote:

        > I have a sample proposal cover that has a spring in the spine which
        > clamps the book block. The cover is heavy board covered in book cloth.
        > On the back the word "semikolon;" is debossed. If you open the book
        > all
        > the way cover to back, you can release the spring.
        >
        > Does anyone know where I can find covers like this and/or the spring
        > for
        > the spine?
        >
        > Thanks,
        > K. Michael Joyce Jr.
        > Graphic Designer & Problem Solver

        > -
        > - - - - - - - - - - - -
        > HDR ONE COMPANY | Many Solutions
        > 8404 Indian Hills Drive | Omaha, NE 68114-4049
        > Phone: 402.399.1231 | Fax: 402.399.1400 | Email:
        > michaelDOTjoyceAThdrincDOTcom

        > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
        >
        > <logo_25x25.gif>
        >
        > Get unlimited calls to
        >
        > U.S./Canada
        > <image.tiff>
        >
        > <l.gif>

        > Service.

        Leaders in yesterday's technology.
        ***
        The Graphic Touch Letterpress & Binding Company
        Salem, Ohio
        800-433-1288
      • lola espinosa
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 10, 2004
          Hello all,
          Is this the kind of spring you are looking for? ( http://www.amillo.com/catalogo/c4.htm#canutillos). It is called "canutillo" binding -I know it is a city in Texas but I am calling from Spain and here is a very common way to bind such documents-.
          It seems that you can get the machine for 100$ and 100 of the springs for 2$.
          I hope this is of any help.
          Lola Espinosa