Re: anyone in ST. Louis Area?

  • Paul W Romaine
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 6, 2004
      Hi Greg,

      Kay Michael Kramer of the Printery, Kirkwood MO, is still printing and
      is active. (Kay also edits & designs the FABS Newsletter, issued by
      the Fellowship of American Bibliophilic Societies.) In addition, you
      might check out the local bibliophile group, the Bixby Club, which
      includes some printers among the collectors. Here's their contact info:

      The Bixby Club
      John Neal Hoover
      University of Missouri
      Jefferson Memorial Library
      St. Louis Mercantile Library
      Room 265
      8001 Natural Bridge Road
      St. Louis, MO 63121
      314 516-7245 jhoover@...

      (John Hoover is director of the St Louis Mecantile ["mur-ken-teel"]
      Library, but he also helps put together many bookish activities.) I
      think that Bixby visits collections, institutions and presses, so it's
      a good way to meet a mix of people and tastes. This doesn't exactly
      answer your question, but I hope it still proves useful.

      All best,
      Paul

      --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, "bullseyeboxes" <greg@b...> wrote:

      > Howdy folks! I currently diecut with an old kluge 12 x 18. I'm
      > looking to learn more about printing with these old, big and
      > beautiful beasts. I currently know next to nothing about inks,
      > papers and press mechanics, but I'm gifted in computers and graphics.
      >
      > Does anything in the St. Louis area mind letting me hang around
      > their shop and help out so I can begin learning the ropes?
      >
      > Greg Beckemeier
      > Bullseye Boxes LLC
      > www.bullseyebox.com
    • Greg Beckemeier
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 8, 2004
        Thanks for the leads Paul!!

        Greg Beckemeier
        Bullseye Boxes LLC
        greg@...
        (636) 410-0188 phone
        (314) 754-9440 fax
        Kay Michael Kramer of the Printery, Kirkwood MO, is still printing and
        is active. (Kay also edits & designs the FABS Newsletter, issued by
        the Fellowship of American Bibliophilic Societies.) In addition, you
        might check out the local bibliophile group, the Bixby Club, which
        includes some printers among the collectors. Here's their contact info:

        The Bixby Club
        John Neal Hoover
        University of Missouri
        Jefferson Memorial Library
        St. Louis Mercantile Library
        Room 265
        8001 Natural Bridge Road
        St. Louis, MO 63121
        314 516-7245 jhoover@...

        (John Hoover is director of the St Louis Mecantile ["mur-ken-teel"]
        Library, but he also helps put together many bookish activities.) I
        think that Bixby visits collections, institutions and presses, so it's
        a good way to meet a mix of people and tastes. This doesn't exactly
        answer your question, but I hope it still proves useful.

        All best,
        Paul

        --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, "bullseyeboxes" <greg@b...> wrote:

        > Howdy folks! I currently diecut with an old kluge 12 x 18. I'm
        > looking to learn more about printing with these old, big and
        > beautiful beasts. I currently know next to nothing about inks,
        > papers and press mechanics, but I'm gifted in computers and graphics.
        >
        > Does anything in the St. Louis area mind letting me hang around
        > their shop and help out so I can begin learning the ropes?
        >
        > Greg Beckemeier
        > Bullseye Boxes LLC
        > www.bullseyebox.com

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor