anyone in ST. Louis Area?

  • bullseyeboxes
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 5, 2004
      Howdy folks! I currently diecut with an old kluge 12 x 18. I'm
      looking to learn more about printing with these old, big and
      beautiful beasts. I currently know next to nothing about inks,
      papers and press mechanics, but I'm gifted in computers and graphics.

      Does anything in the St. Louis area mind letting me hang around
      their shop and help out so I can begin learning the ropes?

      Greg Beckemeier
      Bullseye Boxes LLC
      www.bullseyebox.com
    • Jessica Spring
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 6, 2004
        There's a very active LP group there with regular meetings. Contact Bob &
        Carole Mullen, ilovelefse@... or Mike & Patty Anton,
        golding-guru@...

        > From: "bullseyeboxes" <greg@...>
        > Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2004 06:34:42 -0000
        > To: PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com
        > Subject: [PPLetterpress] anyone in ST. Louis Area?
        >

        > Howdy folks! I currently diecut with an old kluge 12 x 18. I'm
        > looking to learn more about printing with these old, big and
        > beautiful beasts. I currently know next to nothing about inks,
        > papers and press mechanics, but I'm gifted in computers and graphics.
        >
        > Does anything in the St. Louis area mind letting me hang around
        > their shop and help out so I can begin learning the ropes?
        >
        > Greg Beckemeier
        > Bullseye Boxes LLC
        > www.bullseyebox.com
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Paul W Romaine
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 6, 2004
          Hi Greg,

          Kay Michael Kramer of the Printery, Kirkwood MO, is still printing and
          is active. (Kay also edits & designs the FABS Newsletter, issued by
          the Fellowship of American Bibliophilic Societies.) In addition, you
          might check out the local bibliophile group, the Bixby Club, which
          includes some printers among the collectors. Here's their contact info:

          The Bixby Club
          John Neal Hoover
          University of Missouri
          Jefferson Memorial Library
          St. Louis Mercantile Library
          Room 265
          8001 Natural Bridge Road
          St. Louis, MO 63121
          314 516-7245 jhoover@...

          (John Hoover is director of the St Louis Mecantile ["mur-ken-teel"]
          Library, but he also helps put together many bookish activities.) I
          think that Bixby visits collections, institutions and presses, so it's
          a good way to meet a mix of people and tastes. This doesn't exactly
          answer your question, but I hope it still proves useful.

          All best,
          Paul

          --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, "bullseyeboxes" <greg@b...> wrote:

          > Howdy folks! I currently diecut with an old kluge 12 x 18. I'm
          > looking to learn more about printing with these old, big and
          > beautiful beasts. I currently know next to nothing about inks,
          > papers and press mechanics, but I'm gifted in computers and graphics.
          >
          > Does anything in the St. Louis area mind letting me hang around
          > their shop and help out so I can begin learning the ropes?
          >
          > Greg Beckemeier
          > Bullseye Boxes LLC
          > www.bullseyebox.com
        • Greg Beckemeier
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 8, 2004
            Thanks for the leads Paul!!

            Greg Beckemeier
            Bullseye Boxes LLC
            greg@...
            (636) 410-0188 phone
            (314) 754-9440 fax
            Kay Michael Kramer of the Printery, Kirkwood MO, is still printing and
            is active. (Kay also edits & designs the FABS Newsletter, issued by
            the Fellowship of American Bibliophilic Societies.) In addition, you
            might check out the local bibliophile group, the Bixby Club, which
            includes some printers among the collectors. Here's their contact info:

            The Bixby Club
            John Neal Hoover
            University of Missouri
            Jefferson Memorial Library
            St. Louis Mercantile Library
            Room 265
            8001 Natural Bridge Road
            St. Louis, MO 63121
            314 516-7245 jhoover@...

            (John Hoover is director of the St Louis Mecantile ["mur-ken-teel"]
            Library, but he also helps put together many bookish activities.) I
            think that Bixby visits collections, institutions and presses, so it's
            a good way to meet a mix of people and tastes. This doesn't exactly
            answer your question, but I hope it still proves useful.

            All best,
            Paul

            --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, "bullseyeboxes" <greg@b...> wrote:

            > Howdy folks! I currently diecut with an old kluge 12 x 18. I'm
            > looking to learn more about printing with these old, big and
            > beautiful beasts. I currently know next to nothing about inks,
            > papers and press mechanics, but I'm gifted in computers and graphics.
            >
            > Does anything in the St. Louis area mind letting me hang around
            > their shop and help out so I can begin learning the ropes?
            >
            > Greg Beckemeier
            > Bullseye Boxes LLC
            > www.bullseyebox.com

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor