Ink drying

  • Martyn Ould
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 3, 2004
      Greetings all

      I used to use the rubber-based Van Son ... even did wood-engravings with it.
      I used to interleave and give it a week to dry! Especially on smooth papers
      like a Saunders Waterford. Set-off drove me mad otherwise. I also sometimes
      used to ink the press the night before and then mill it like fury before
      using it the next day. Never skinned.

      I now use the Heaver formula Hostman Steinberg from NA Graphics. Nice, dries
      a lot faster - I still interleave but will dis-interleave the next day and
      run the second side. Skins in the can overnight. A long session and I'll get
      the ink building up on the rollers.

      I have only used tack reducer when printing on wispy Japanese handmade that
      tore as you lifted it off the type if you didn't!

      All the best, Martyn Ould
      www.theoldschoolpress.com