Laser cut wood for printing (was Re: Processing Boxcar's Plastic Backed Plates)

  • Paul W. Romaine
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 24, 2004
      Hi Mel,

      Welcome to the group. Wesley B. Tanner gave a presentation at the October
      APHA conference about using laser cut wood blocks, which sounds quite
      similar to what you're doing. The talk was entitled "Cutting wood with
      light: A new tool for making woodcuts." He showed a video of his working,
      and it was very impressive. Wesley teaches at the University of Michigan.
      (I'm not sure he'd call them "wood assemblages", but I get your meaning.)
      You can contact Wesley via regular mail: Passim Editions, 807 Hutchins
      Avenue, Ann Arbor, MI 48103 or try his email: wbtanner@...

      All best,
      Paul