Re: [PPLetterpress] Iron handpress work

  • Erik Desmyter
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 20, 2002
      My largest Albion iron handpress has a platen size of 87cm x 62cm (34"x 24")
      and for a possible future project I would like to try to print blocks or
      plates up to 59cm x 46cm (23"x18") on 67cm x 51cm (26"x20") dampened
      handmade paper.

      Somebody on this list has tried such sizes on a traditional iron handpress
      before?
      Are there good reasons to work with magnetic bases on traditional iron
      handpresses?
      Any recommendations?

      Erik Desmyter
      Ghent, Belgium