Re: ink and cold press

  • mikefrommontanan
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 22, 2004
      On the 10 x 15, there is more than sufficent room on the bed
      casting to set a 2 or 3 inch pillar candle (probably not more than 6
      inches tall. On the Pearl I use votives, but block them up with
      furniture so the heat reaches the disk. The candle flame should be
      closer then one inch from the disk. If your press is cold, and has
      any layer of oil or dust on it, spilled ink picks or peels right off.
      Also, if you are doing this, put out the candle if the inked
      press is going to sit unattended, or the candle will cause the ink to
      set or scorch onto the ink disk.
      CAUTION: If you are having open flames in the shop, be careful
      about them, do not leave candles unattended and please put them out
      BEFORE washing up (kaboom?).

      Happy Printing

      Michael Seitz
      Quality Letterpress Printing