Letterpress course in London, starts January

  • ps57uk
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 22, 2004
      Calling all would-be letterpress printers!

      An Introduction to Letterpress evening class is due to begin in
      January 2005 at the London College of Communication, Elephant &
      Castle, London, and will run on Tuesday evenings from 6 to 8.30pm for
      10 weeks.

      Why am I advertising here? Well I have wanted to have a go at
      letterpress for a few years now but the course has never run due to
      lack of interest. This is worrying for the future of the course as the
      college has recently changed its name and is certainly shifting it
      priorities - we used to be the famous London College of Printing. I
      hope you agree that the survival of this course is important and
      should help to sustain knowledge and understanding of the art of
      printing among enthusiastic amateurs.

      If you are interested in applying for a place on the course please
      call Raymond Weekes on (+44) 020 7514 6650. The fess are £80 plus a
      registration fee.

      I would appreciate it if you could forward this message to any lists
      or individuals that may be interested.

      Many thanks,

      Paul Shackleton
      (Systems Librarian based at London College of Communication)