Re: [PPLetterpress] Re: Type specimen books

  • Richard Kegler
    Message 1 of 16 , Nov 22, 2004
      Actually there are three volumes of the Lanston books that I know of. I just
      picked up a set.

      I have recently been accumulating Lanston specimens. As the new *ahem*
      owners of Lanston we want to continue to release and remaster the Lanston
      Collection. see: http://p22.com/lanston/release.html

      The current Lanston collection had been digitized by Gerald Giampa from the
      original patterns, so for Photo polymer printers, the weights are probably
      optimal.

      Cheers
      Richard

      On 11/21/04 1:04 AM, "Gerald Lange" <bieler@...> wrote:

      > David
      >
      > If you are looking for a sole source, it ain't going to happen. Best
      > to focus on specific manufacturers for this type of information.
      >
      > For instance, Lanston Monotype Machine Company put out a two volume
      > set, _Book Pages Set in Monotype Faces_, quite nice, but it only shows
      > selected specimens.
      >
      > Scour abe.com or eBay. As a dear friend bookseller once told me, ahem,
      > "It's not the book you buy that you regret, it's the book you don't buy."
      >
      > Gerald
      >

      > \
      > --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, David <araf22@d...> wrote:
      >>
      >> I'm looking for type specimen books that show entire pages set up in
      >> type, rather than a few lines. The Mackay 'Type for Books' has a few
      >> examples, though in a very limited range of typefaces: can anyone
      >> suggest any others?
      >>
      >> David.
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

      Richard Kegler