Re: [PPLetterpress] Looking for broadsides

  • Chip Schilling
    Message 1 of 15 , Nov 10, 2004
      It is great to hear that people are excited about broadsides and interested
      in supporting them.

      Please check out my site for more broadside options.
      www.indulgencepress.com

      All the best,
      Chip
      --

      Chip Schilling
      Indulgence Press

      On 11/9/04 9:54 AM, "mamiehale@..." <mamiehale@...> wrote:

      > I've decided to support the art of letterpress printers this Christmas. I'd
      > like to give broadsides to all on my gift list. Could printers who have
      > broadsides available for sale (especially those who don't readily show up on
      > internet
      > searches) either contact me, or let the entire list know? Maybe we can all
      > support each other.
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Mamie Hale

      > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
      >
      > <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129a0r3ks/M=281955.5530326.6602771.3001176/D=grou
      > ps/S=1706389862:HM/EXP=1100102512/A=2343726/R=0/SIG=12it1tu7c/*http://clk.atdm
      > t.com/VON/go/yhxxxvon01900091von/direct/01/&time=1100016112509070> Get
      > unlimited calls to U.S./Canada
      > <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129a0r3ks/M=281955.5530326.6602771.3001176/D=grou
      > ps/S=1706389862:HM/EXP=1100102512/A=2343726/R=1/SIG=12it1tu7c/*http://clk.atdm
      > t.com/VON/go/yhxxxvon01900091von/direct/01/&time=1100016112509070>

      > *
      > *
      > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

    • champecarter
      Message 2 of 15 , Nov 10, 2004
        You might like to know that the Center for Book Arts in NY has a wonderful series to
        support poets. They have 6 readings a year, with 2 poets featured each time. Leading
        up to the reading, letterpress printers are approached to print one broadside of a
        featured poet. The printer chooses the poem, and designs and prints the broadside.
        The poet signs the edition. It's done pro bono to support the Center. Then, the CBA
        sells the broadsides for very reasonable prices. At the end of the year, they are all
        collected in a portfolio, and the printer gets one complete set. The whole porfolio is
        also available for sale to the public, I believe. I know about it since I have printed two
        broadsides for them in the last year.

        http://www.centerforbookarts.org/

        Contact them for details.
        info@...

        Regards,
        Champe Smith

        --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, mamiehale@a... wrote:

        > I've decided to support the art of letterpress printers this Christmas. I'd
        > like to give broadsides to all on my gift list. Could printers who have
        > broadsides available for sale (especially those who don't readily show up on
        internet
        > searches) either contact me, or let the entire list know? Maybe we can all
        > support each other.
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Mamie Hale

      • Jenni Undis
        Message 3 of 15 , Nov 10, 2004
          There's a series of small, simple poetry broadsides available at:

          http://www.culturalsociety.org/miniside.html

          I can attest to their quality - printed at Lunalux!

          Jennifer Undis
          Lunalux Art & Design Workshop
          1618 Harmon Place � Minneapolis, Minnesota 55403
          ph. 612-373-0526 � fx. 612-673-0671

        • Kathleen Whalen
          Message 4 of 15 , Nov 10, 2004
            I think you will find the photos and an accompanying article in an issue of
            Matrix - there is a printed index to the first 21 copies available. Must be
            in a university library near you!

            Graham Moss
            Incline Press
            36 Bow Street