Letterpress in India

  • Ken Botnick
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 8, 2004
      On 11/8/04 12:50 PM, "Vinayaga Prabhu" <golden_litho@...> wrote:

      Dear Vinayaga Prabhu,

      Where are you located in India? I have seen your message to the letterpress
      list and am curious because I am traveling to India this December/January
      and would like to meet other printers, if possible.

      Yours,

      -- Kenneth Botnick
      Associate Professor
      Washington University
      telephone: 314.935.8402x1 (office)
      314.367.3497
    • Alan Brignull
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 10, 2004
        This is not letterpress, but I'm sure a lot of you use Photoshop on Macs and
        I'd like to save someone the week of bewilderment I've just had.

        At work I use Photoshop (v7, running on OS 10.3.1) but on Monday morning it
        refused to load. It started normally but quit unexpectedly before finishing.
        I suspected one of my colleagues or a student of messing about with the
        computer and corrupting something, so I tried reinstalling Photoshop but
        that made no difference. Everyone denied installing any new software on it
        and the techie people in the department were mystified. I went all through
        the Adobe troubleshooting list and was even considering the last resort of
        reformatting the hard disk but just in time I got a lead from a friend which
        led me to the cause.

        The previous weekend our clocks had gone back onto GMT for the winter. OSX
        had correctly adjusted the hour, but had also changed my 'nearest city' from
        London to Cardiff. Photoshop didn't like being in Cardiff and stopped
        working. As soon as I corrected the location everything went back to normal.
        Weird, eh?

        Alan