Re: a new letterpress association is born

  • Paul W Romaine
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 11, 2004
      You can generate rough-and-ready translations of websites from google
      and Altavista:

      Google Language tools
      http://www.google.com/language_tools
      (scroll down to "Websites," and enter the URL)

      Altavista Babel Fish
      http://world.altavista.com/

      These tools will only translate text, not graphics. I emphasize
      "rough-and-ready" because... well, try it yourself, and you'll see
      what I mean. An old game when the Babel Fish tool came out was to do a
      translation, and then re-translate back to English.

      Paul
      P.S. Jean-Baptiste, the machine translators like to translate your
      patronymic *and* your profession as "draughtsman of characters"

      --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, jb <jb.levee@g...> wrote:
      > Zone Opaque is its name, and http://www.zone-opaque.org is its
      website.