a new letterpress association is born

  • jb
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 11, 2004
      Zone Opaque is its name, and http://www.zone-opaque.org is its website.
      Founded by young letterpress printers, typedesigners and woodcutters,
      Zone Opaque established itself in Montreuil, near Paris, France. Our
      aim is to promote letterpress printing through a non-commercial use. We
      create, co-edit & publish artists books, posters, typefaces,
      illustrations and so on, with quality as goal, using traditionnal,
      experimental and digital printing techniques.
      For people hanging around France during october 16th & 17th, we would
      gladly welcome you in our workshop as part of the "Montreuil's Artists
      workshops open doors day" (If my english is correct). Address is on the
      site.
      The website is still in French (sorry Folks), but any further question
      is welcomed at info@...
      Jean-Baptiste Levée
    • Fritz Klinke
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 11, 2004
        It is good to hear of letterpress operations in Europe, especially the mainland
        where we generally have little contact. Some pictures of your equipment and shop
        on your web site would be of interest. Thanks,

        Fritz Klinke, NA Graphics
        1314 Greene Street, P.O. Box 467
        Silverton, Colorado 81433 USA
        970-387-0212, fax 970-387-0127
        nagraph@...

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 11, 2004
          You can generate rough-and-ready translations of websites from google
          and Altavista:

          Google Language tools
          http://www.google.com/language_tools
          (scroll down to "Websites," and enter the URL)

          Altavista Babel Fish
          http://world.altavista.com/

          These tools will only translate text, not graphics. I emphasize
          "rough-and-ready" because... well, try it yourself, and you'll see
          what I mean. An old game when the Babel Fish tool came out was to do a
          translation, and then re-translate back to English.

          Paul
          P.S. Jean-Baptiste, the machine translators like to translate your
          patronymic *and* your profession as "draughtsman of characters"