Re: [PPLetterpress] Letterpress in the dirt.

  • Roderick
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 5, 2004
      B, follow this link:

      http://www.google.com/search?q=paper+embedded+flower+seeds

      --- letpresslist@... wrote:

      > I was just in Hollywood CA and found this wicked card that was
      > letterpressed onto paper that had marigold seeds in it, and
      > according
      > to the card you can plant this card in your backyard (or a pot in
      > your
      > studio) and grow a patch of flowers. All of the cards I saw were
      > celebrating the day of the dead, (I think marigolds are the
      > "official
      > flower" for this day).
      >
      > The company is named siembra. Their web address is
      > www.siembracards.com : though the site is as about a spartan as one
      > can
      > get. (to the point where they tell you the street they live on,
      > but
      > not the city, state, or country. )
      >
      > But my question:
      >
      > Where does one find this fabulous paper? Are there varieties? Or
      > do
      > you think they might make it themselves?
      >

      > Thanks in advance for you wisdom, o practioners of letterpress.
      >
      > Take care,
      >
      > Brandon Mise
      > Blue Barnhouse
      > Asheville NC
      >
      > www.bluebarnhouse.org
      > www.emliterary.org
      > 828.225.3991

      http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
    • Fritz Klinke
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 5, 2004
        Look at Bloomin' Flower cards--they use C&P and Kluge presses in their
        production--located in Boulder, Colorado.

        http://www.bloomin.com/specialty/invites.html

        Fritz

        > > I was just in Hollywood CA and found this wicked card that was
        > > letterpressed onto paper that had marigold seeds in it, and
        > > according
        > > to the card you can plant this card in your backyard (or a pot in
        > > your
        > > studio) and grow a patch of flowers. All of the cards I saw were
        > > celebrating the day of the dead, (I think marigolds are the
        > > "official
        > > flower" for this day).
        > >
        > > The company is named siembra. Their web address is
        > > www.siembracards.com : though the site is as about a spartan as one
        > > can
        > > get. (to the point where they tell you the street they live on,
        > > but
        > > not the city, state, or country. )
        > >
        > > But my question:
        > >
        > > Where does one find this fabulous paper? Are there varieties? Or
        > > do
        > > you think they might make it themselves?
        > >

        > > Thanks in advance for you wisdom, o practioners of letterpress.
        > >
        > > Take care,
        > >
        > > Brandon Mise
        > > Blue Barnhouse
        > > Asheville NC
        > >
        > > www.bluebarnhouse.org
        > > www.emliterary.org
        > > 828.225.3991

      • Harold Kyle
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 5, 2004
          On 10/5/04 2:45 AM, "letpresslist@..."
          <letpresslist@...> wrote:
          > Where does one find this fabulous paper? Are there varieties? Or do
          > you think they might make it themselves?

          Here's one source of such paper:
          http://www.greenfieldpaper.com

          They also have a recycled hemp paper that comes in 110# cover that you might
          be interested in.

          Harold

          Boxcar Press