Letterpress in the dirt.

  • letpresslist@bluebarnhouse.org
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 4, 2004
      I was just in Hollywood CA and found this wicked card that was
      letterpressed onto paper that had marigold seeds in it, and according
      to the card you can plant this card in your backyard (or a pot in your
      studio) and grow a patch of flowers. All of the cards I saw were
      celebrating the day of the dead, (I think marigolds are the "official
      flower" for this day).

      The company is named siembra. Their web address is
      www.siembracards.com : though the site is as about a spartan as one can
      get. (to the point where they tell you the street they live on, but
      not the city, state, or country. )

      But my question:

      Where does one find this fabulous paper? Are there varieties? Or do
      you think they might make it themselves?

      Thanks in advance for you wisdom, o practioners of letterpress.

      Take care,

      Brandon Mise
      Blue Barnhouse
      Asheville NC

      www.bluebarnhouse.org
      www.emliterary.org
      828.225.3991
    • Roderick
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 5, 2004
        B, follow this link:

        http://www.google.com/search?q=paper+embedded+flower+seeds

        --- letpresslist@... wrote:

        > I was just in Hollywood CA and found this wicked card that was
        > letterpressed onto paper that had marigold seeds in it, and
        > according
        > to the card you can plant this card in your backyard (or a pot in
        > your
        > studio) and grow a patch of flowers. All of the cards I saw were
        > celebrating the day of the dead, (I think marigolds are the
        > "official
        > flower" for this day).
        >
        > The company is named siembra. Their web address is
        > www.siembracards.com : though the site is as about a spartan as one
        > can
        > get. (to the point where they tell you the street they live on,
        > but
        > not the city, state, or country. )
        >
        > But my question:
        >
        > Where does one find this fabulous paper? Are there varieties? Or
        > do
        > you think they might make it themselves?
        >

        > Thanks in advance for you wisdom, o practioners of letterpress.
        >
        > Take care,
        >
        > Brandon Mise
        > Blue Barnhouse
        > Asheville NC
        >
        > www.bluebarnhouse.org
        > www.emliterary.org
        > 828.225.3991

        http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
      • Fritz Klinke
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 5, 2004
          Look at Bloomin' Flower cards--they use C&P and Kluge presses in their
          production--located in Boulder, Colorado.

          http://www.bloomin.com/specialty/invites.html

          Fritz

          > > I was just in Hollywood CA and found this wicked card that was
          > > letterpressed onto paper that had marigold seeds in it, and
          > > according
          > > to the card you can plant this card in your backyard (or a pot in
          > > your
          > > studio) and grow a patch of flowers. All of the cards I saw were
          > > celebrating the day of the dead, (I think marigolds are the
          > > "official
          > > flower" for this day).
          > >
          > > The company is named siembra. Their web address is
          > > www.siembracards.com : though the site is as about a spartan as one
          > > can
          > > get. (to the point where they tell you the street they live on,
          > > but
          > > not the city, state, or country. )
          > >
          > > But my question:
          > >
          > > Where does one find this fabulous paper? Are there varieties? Or
          > > do
          > > you think they might make it themselves?
          > >

          > > Thanks in advance for you wisdom, o practioners of letterpress.
          > >
          > > Take care,
          > >
          > > Brandon Mise
          > > Blue Barnhouse
          > > Asheville NC
          > >
          > > www.bluebarnhouse.org
          > > www.emliterary.org
          > > 828.225.3991

        • Harold Kyle
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 5, 2004
            On 10/5/04 2:45 AM, "letpresslist@..."
            <letpresslist@...> wrote:
            > Where does one find this fabulous paper? Are there varieties? Or do
            > you think they might make it themselves?

            Here's one source of such paper:
            http://www.greenfieldpaper.com

            They also have a recycled hemp paper that comes in 110# cover that you might
            be interested in.

            Harold

            Boxcar Press