Re: [PPLetterpress] Re: a question or so

    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 29 4:23 PM
      Ira

      Bit earlier than the Moody Blues :–) but along the same lines and for
      your interest, is the colophon from the Catholicon of Johann Balbus of
      Genoa, which is thought by some scholars as possibly the sole surviving
      statement of Johann Gutenberg:

      By the assistance of the Most High, at whose bidding the tongues of
      children become eloquent, and who often reveals to the lowly what He
      conceals from the wise, this noble book, Catholicon, in the year of our
      Lord’s incarnation, 1460, in the mother city of Mainz (which belongs to
      the illustrious German nation, and which God has deigned to prefer and
      to raise with such an exalted light of the mind and of free grace above
      the other nations of the earth), was perfected, not by means of quill,
      reed, or stylus, but by the admirable concord, proportion, and measure
      of _patronae_ and _formae_...

      So... try out the old road.

      Gerald