Re: [PPLetterpress] honeycomb bases

  • Eileen Callahan
    Message 1 of 32 , Sep 4 4:45 PM
      Hi,

      1. Dumb question here: why should we use the honeycomb base? Is it
      because it would be lighter weight for a larger area and hence, more
      manageable overall?

      2. You mentioned embossing as a good use for the base - why? What
      makes it superior to regular magnetic bases?

      3. Gerald: Could you explain the toggle process for the color
      registration, using the honeycomb base? How are the toggles attached
      to the base for color registration? With what corresponding piece on
      the plate into which,or from which, the toggles attach? Do you order
      this in a particular way?

      Sincerely yours in honest befuddlement,

      Eileen

      >For honeycomb bases, contact Sterling Toggle in NY. ANY size can be
      >custom made. Sizes far bigger than your car if need be. You should ask
      >for a catalog as it the pictures clarify the concept. Price-wise
      >slightly cheaper than Bunting bases though not by much.
      >
      >>> <http://www.sterlingtoggle.com>http://www.sterlingtoggle.com <<
      >
      >If you know of a printer that does embossing, they'll probably have a
      >honeycomb base too.
      >
      >> Roderick
      >
      >Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
      ><http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129i0tsqd/M=298184.5285298.6392945.3001176/D=groups/S=1706389862:HM/EXP=1093932833/A=2319501/R=0/SIG=11tq0u909/*http://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=60185353&partid=5285298>
      >

      >Yahoo! Groups Links
      >
      >To visit your group on the web, go to:

    • Michael T. Metz
      Message 32 of 32 , Sep 13 8:50 PM
        Thanks for the plug Gerald. I apologize that my website is not yet up and
        running.

        All the best,
        Mike