Re: [PPLetterpress] Re: honeycomb bases

  • Fritz Klinke
    Message 1 of 32 , Aug 31, 2004
      Sterling sells the majority of their products in Europe, though it is a US
      company. The cost of new hooks has not changed in the last 8 years or so and is
      relatively low ($11.90 each), but the bases are expensive new. Their production
      facility is highly automated, and they run one shift with CNC machines churning
      out parts with no one present--the machines stop when the raw material runs out,
      and that is how they stay competitive and have held the line on price increases.

      Fritz

      Message 32 of 32 , Sep 13, 2004
        Thanks for the plug Gerald. I apologize that my website is not yet up and
        running.

        All the best,
        Mike