reply to invitation to join PPLetterpress groups at Yahoo

  • hodgdondc@cs.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 22 5:10 AM
      Hello:

      I am very happy to have been invited to join the letterpress group,
      something I have a very keen interest in. I have been in touch with the
      faculty at Center for Book Arts, Stinehour Press and other presses, Gene
      Becker on Long Island, all in pursuit of information that will allow /assist
      me in my search for ways to complete a folio of fifty or so drawings
      illustrating a family story about a schooner captured by the British Navy
      during the (Quasi) War of 1812.

      Mr Becker has told me that I can get negatives cheaply at Kinko's but
      that so far has not been the case. So my first need is for information about
      the best approach to collecting the set of negatives, second, I need a light
      box or some apparatus that will allow me to expose the pp plates and dry
      them, after that I should be able to interest a press owner in making a set
      of prints. What do you think?

      David Hodgdon
      7 Eileen Street
      Albany NY