Re: [PPLetterpress] Re: Making negatives

    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 31 10:06 AM
      Joel

      I was just checking on full face steel rule and it isn't made wider than
      4 pts. You can get brass barweld (full face) rule from Caslon Limited
      but it will literally cost you an arm and a leg (I've been toying with
      the idea of an order for some 18-pt). You might try to find some new
      36pt full face lead rule and just cut that to fit the press (about 17
      inches on a SP-15).

      Tissue can be picked up most any place. New York Central Supply sells a
      pretty good tissue. But these days I use .001 acetate for this. You can
      usually get this at a graphic art supply store, if not, .001 tracing
      paper will do.

      I have some ink test strip steel bars at .918 but they are 3/4 of an
      inch wide and 19-3/4 inches long. We used these on a SP-20 for testing
      and as roller supports. You'd have to chop off some three inches and
      this is some very hard steel.

      Gerald