Letterpress Instruction at Archetype Press

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 7 10:10 PM
      This fall, through Art Center at Night, I will begin offering a course
      titled Digital Letterpress. This will be held at Archetype Press from
      its new location at Art Center College of Design's new South Campus at
      950 S. Raymond Avenue in Pasadena. This will be a fourteen week class
      held on Tuesday afternoon from 4:00 pm to 7:00 pm.

      Digital Letterpress will examine letterpress printing with digital
      type and the
      photopolymer plate process. I have previously taught this course at
      Otis College of Art and Design.

      I will also be offering my ongoing course Finer Points in Letterpress
      Typography on Tuesday nights from 7:00 pm to 10:00 pm.

      Archetype Press houses Los Angeles typographer Vernon Simpson's
      considerable collection of metal type. Eight Vandercooks are available
      for student use.

      The Fall term begins on September 13 and runs to December 18.
      Registration begins August 9 and ends September 3.

      Enrollment is limited to ten students per class.
      Phone: 626-396-2319
      www.artcenter.edu/atnight

      Gerald Lange
      The Bieler Press