Re: TypeCon workshop on digital type for letterpress

    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 14, 2004
      Brian

      I wish that every letterpress course or workshop was essentially this, to reveal and demonstrate the value of letterpress, to show what it is capable of and what it is not. Rather than... how to damage presses, type, and other really valuable and irreplaceable material, and have a lot of fun doing it while feeling really good about yourself.

      Maybe I've seen far too many of these book arts programs to think there is any benefit? or that the direction is completely wrong and ill-considered? and the only real rationale is the institutional need for ongoing and increasing head counts? Keep it positive? I Love Letterpress tee-shirts and all that.

      I'm going to regret writing this aren't I?

      Gerald