TypeCon workshop - digital type for letterpress

  • allenprinter
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 9, 2004
      Speaking of Typecon -
      I'm giving a very short workshop at the conference, Thurs. July 24,
      on the subject of digital type for photopolymer plate-based
      letterpress printing. I'll discuss such things as Open Type fonts,
      typographic controls in Quark and InDesign, fonts better suited to
      letterpress than others, ink squeeze, depth of impression, font
      manipulation.
      Amazingly, the class has filled up (14 people). I'm hoping there
      will be graphic designers in the class wanting to learn how to
      better design for letterpress.
      With that in mind, I wanted to hand out a list of experienced
      commercial letterpress printers, those who can stand to work with
      graphic designers.
      You are welcome to email me (privately - see below) a note with your
      particulars - equipment capabilities, contact info, etc. You could
      also mail a sample or 2 for me to show, something you don't need
      back (put your contact info on the back).
      I'll include you in my list.
      Thanks.
      Brian Allen
      Agfa Monotype Corp.