Stop Being Sheep

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 9, 2004
      The graphic designers blog, Speak Up, has recently issued a first
      anniversary book of selected postings by graphic designers, _Stop Being
      Sheep_. This sort of defines Speak Up in a nutshell. The book is
      available for a $1 or more donation or can be downloaded as a PDF for free.

      http://www.underconsideration.com/speakup/

      I like Speak Up but the posts generally irriate me, guess that's why I
      like it. But what is really represented here are the words of a new
      generation of graphic designers, for better or worse. The overall
      sense is that graphic designers seem to have no knowledge of anything
      outside of their personal life sphere, but still have a great many
      opinions about it all. Well, according to the phenomenologists,
      personal knowledge is all that you can know anyway, so... The back cover
      comment by Rich Poynor, "Something genuinely new is emerging here," is
      quite on the mark.

      Worth the occasional look see, and they like to talk letterpress when
      they get the urging.